Mixcraft 10 issues

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

edjex

Mixcraft 10 issues

Post by edjex »

Hi there,
I was wandering, I bought the upgrade mc9 pro to mc 10 pro.
Just to support the team.
But when I look at the number of release versions over the last few weeks I ask myself if now is the right time to install the upgrade.
Looks like a lot of issues are fixed but is mc10 stable to use on a regular base?
Second question: it would be helpfull if there was 1 topic for all the issues.

Thanks! (and team mc keep up the good work!)
hpharley90

Re: Mixcraft 10 issues

Post by hpharley90 »

i have not had any issues at all. Issues others have had I have not experienced because of different work flow and use of mixcraft.
I would not hesitate to upgrade.
10.5 Pro studio build 596
Dell XPS i7-10700 2.9Ghz
48 GB RAM
Windows 10
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

Yes! Plus + 1 :D

The faults I have experienced have been very minor and all Windows related. All dealt with very efficiently by the Mixcraft Team.

Well worth the up-grade for the additional features alone.
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 32 gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite Solo; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We're fixing bugs that have been around since Mixcraft 9 or earlier, but nobody noticed them because we have improved diagnosis techniques now.

When you see a long list of bugs that have been fixed, they are often things that you'd never run into. Lots of bugs arise only under very specific conditions. People can use software for a lifetime without running into bugs that other people find on day one just because of specific hardware / software configurations and the way they use the software.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
ppayne

Post by ppayne »

I use MC 10 with about 200 VSTs. Everything is going great for me.

Patrick
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

Worth the upgrade because of the new functionality options. And relatively inexpensive if you're an existing customer - so you can't lose since your old Mixcraft still works and there is a 30 day refund I believe. Most issues seem to be cosmetic. The Acoustica team is addressing these things instantly.

As far as a single topic: The issues are too detailed and varied per user and workflow - and there's back and forth explanations and suggestions for trying this and that - to be in one thread. Also some users don't post their issue on the forum but contact support directly. A single topic might be unreadable and unmanageable. The change log of each release explain the fixes and issues addressed.
huik

Post by huik »

Hi,
thanks for the update 574, runs beautifully.

The FabFilter Pro-Q3 plugin is newly offered in the store at a discounted price from $209 to $169.
I don't think he was ever for 209, (maybe I'm wrong).
I find this information somewhat unfortunate.

Thanks for the great MC.
:-jan
FabF.PNG
FabF.PNG (91.29 KiB) Viewed 21258 times
fab.PNG
fab.PNG (112.42 KiB) Viewed 21258 times
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Sam Ash lists the MSRP for FabFilter Pro-Q 3 as $229. MSRP stands for the "Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price," and it's pretty common to show that for products. It makes the marketing department happy.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
ppayne

Post by ppayne »

I find the FabFilter plugins interesting. Especially Timeless. But I would never pay $200 for an equalizer plugin even if I could. At that price, Mixcraft should cost $1900
huik

Post by huik »

Ah, thanks Greg.
:-)

:-jan
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

No - OP -I would say wait a little before it becomes stable.
Right now for e.g I'm dealing with a bug where it keeps recording takes even though I toggle to replace track or overdub
I've had multiple issues plug-ins native to MX10 crashing the DAW and many more with this release so far - use at your own peril
however it seems I'm in the minority here.
I much prefer MX9 as it's far more stable
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

Right now for e.g I'm dealing with a bug where it keeps recording takes even though I toggle to replace track or overdub
Hi,

I'm just curious if you know that there will be multiple lanes in overdub mode just as there are in take mode. The point of overdub is to keep the previous recording and add something new to it. Overdub doesn't replace the previous take.

Setting record to Take will automatically mute the previous lane. In both overdub and take mode, you will have multiple lanes - Overdub just doesn't mute the previous lane. Perhaps what you are thinking is a bug in this regard is just the normal functionality.
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Ty -I've used overdub, takes & replace settings over the years since MX6 :)

As I said, for me, MX10 is acting as if it's supposed to do takes even when it is set to the 'REPLACE' setting. what starts happening is that it starts recording OVER the previous track (as it is supposed to do in 'REPLACE' MODE) but keeps the track it is supposed to erase and replace UNDERNEATH the new 'replaced' track.
So if I record 4 x replace with loop and/or PI/PO - instead of ending with just one take in the end because it should have kept on erasing the previous 3, I end up with 4 takes STACKED ON TOP OF EACH OTHER.
Sometimes it performs the REPLACE functionality just fine, other times it randomly starts doing the above. I opened a ticket etc. and was assured that the problem would go away with the latest build but it hasn't.
Hope this makes the issue clear.
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

got it :) I wonder what it could be. I know this is of no help, but I can't create the problem you described in version 10.1 574 .
purplepat69

Post by purplepat69 »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:41 am Hi,

We're fixing bugs that have been around since Mixcraft 9 or earlier, but nobody noticed them because we have improved diagnosis techniques now.

When you see a long list of bugs that have been fixed, they are often things that you'd never run into. Lots of bugs arise only under very specific conditions. People can use software for a lifetime without running into bugs that other people find on day one just because of specific hardware / software configurations and the way they use the software.

Greg
I'd just like to piggyback on this by commending the Acoustica team for how quickly and aggressively they have attacked the bugs that the Mixcraft community has found. Perhaps one could argue that they could have done more expansive beta testing with more people. But let's face it...most of us have been jonesing for Mixcraft 10 for a couple of years now. Even if many of us weren't selected to be beta testers, many of us have happily turned into them during the first two months of Mixcraft 10's release, and many things have been found and corrected that have been around for years. I've never run into any of the bugs that have come up here, but it's great to know that Acoustica is making this a more stable and capable product every day.