FL Studio 21 synths inside Mixcraft 10

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Guaresneider

FL Studio 21 synths inside Mixcraft 10

Post by Guaresneider »

FL Studio can be loaded and used as a VST instrument in Windows. I have tested it and it works phenomenally well. No latency and unmatched sound quality. The only reason for this is that FL Studio's FM synths are excellent and I don't get it separately. Sequencing from Mixcraft is a blast. Thanks Mixcraft v10, the functionality is amazing!
jwarv

Re: FL Studio 21 synths inside Mixcraft 10

Post by jwarv »

I sort of remember doing that in the past. Is that done through rewire?
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Some vst/vsti are DAW specific and proprietary to that software. I think there was a thread recently where someone was trying to do something similar. I think if you looked around you'd find some equally good and or better synths for free out there and you wouldn't need to go through the extra steps and added hassle.

M
Guaresneider

Post by Guaresneider »

jwarv wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:11 am I sort of remember doing that in the past. Is that done through rewire?
No, with FL Studio 21 you open it like any other VST, choose the plugin you want to use and that's it, not from REWIRE which is no longer used.

It works straightforward, fast and extremely well with Mixcraft 10. :D
Guaresneider

Post by Guaresneider »

Rolling Estonian wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:25 am Some vst/vsti are DAW specific and proprietary to that software. I think there was a thread recently where someone was trying to do something similar. I think if you looked around you'd find some equally good and or better synths for free out there and you wouldn't need to go through the extra steps and added hassle.

M
... "you wouldn't need to go through the extra steps and added hassle. "...

You don't have to go through the extra steps and no added hassles, just open FL Studio VST from Mixcraft, just like you do with any other VST Synth/FX and use it, no latency, no noise, works great because Mixcraft handles it great!
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

Rewire no longer there? I didn't even notice. :lol:
Guaresneider

Post by Guaresneider »

jwarv wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:24 am Rewire no longer there? I didn't even notice. :lol:

Check this out: https://youtu.be/7MUaTEGfa8M
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

jwarv wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:24 am Rewire no longer there? I didn't even notice. :lol:
Rewire is still available in Mixcraft 10.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

Just caught that. What types of uses are there for it lately?
Guaresneider

Post by Guaresneider »

jwarv wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:41 am Just caught that. What types of uses are there for it lately?
I don't like the FL Studio workflow but I love the Sitrus synth so I sequence it from Mixcraft which is liquid gold for midi sequencing to my taste. I also use the FL Studio layer and the Soundgoodizer compressor/limiter which only they have and it gives a unique colour to synthesised drums and basses. That's basically what I use it for.
chiefpotpipe

Post by chiefpotpipe »

I tried this several times and it didn't work. I had no idea you had to click the little fruit icon. Works great. :D
Guaresneider

Post by Guaresneider »

chiefpotpipe wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:39 am I tried this several times and it didn't work. I had no idea you had to click the little fruit icon. Works great. :D