Mixcraft 10 keep uninstalling

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Yellowcake

Mixcraft 10 keep uninstalling

Post by Yellowcake »

Hi all,

I seriously think I'm going mad. Mixcraft 10 keeps uninstalling itself. It was there earlier today - but now it's gone. Greg, I think it's something to do with the beta b575 version that I installed on your recommendation to try and cure the mouse click lag problem that I've been experiencing. Should I have installed that on top of a previous installation or is it a standalone thing? I note that it installs Mixcraft Studio and not Pro. I have Pro.

Am I doing something stupid here? Is there another version (non-beta) that I should be installing? I really don't want that lag back.

Thanks

Dave
Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft 10 keep uninstalling

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you logging into Mixcraft and just staying logged in? Don't log out.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Yellowcake

Post by Yellowcake »

Sorry I'm not following you my friend. I just start the software. I don't log into anything!

You have to be logged in somewhere to use the software?

The beta file I downloaded. That seems to be Mixcraft Studio. When I install it, it installs a Studio icon. What's going on there?

Dave
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Go into the new Account preferences and log in with the email address you're using for Mixcraft. Mixcraft 10 doesn't require a registration code.

Greg
Yellowcake

Post by Yellowcake »

I am logged in Greg. Running Build 574. Now should I install the beta b575 on top? I'm sure that's what I have been doing. This seems to be Studio though; not Pro.

Dave
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yes, you could just install it right over the other build.

What is the problem, exactly? When you say that it's gone, what do you mean? Is the problem that you can't find the icon on your desktop?

It may be that the icon moved to the upper right corner of your desktop, or at least in that direction if that spot is occupied.

Greg
Yellowcake

Post by Yellowcake »

What I think happens, although I'll test it again is that the Mixcraft Studio icon appears, but the Pro icons disappears. And it does actually disappear! The program isn't visible hitting the Windows key - but Mixcraft Studio is.

Dave
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yes, with Mixcraft 10 you can actually install Mixcraft 10 Recording Studio, but if you own Pro Studio, it will realize that when you log in and install Pro Studio stuff.

That's why I asked if you were logged out. If you log out of Pro Studio, it will eventually revert to Recording Studio, and the icon is supposed to change. So the icon might change color and sometimes be in a different spot.

Greg