Free VSTi virtual instrument recommendation list

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

mixyguy2

Re: Free VSTi virtual instrument recommendation list

Post by mixyguy2 »

btyrer278 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:18 pm Does anyone have anything for horns?
The Norrland trumpet is excellent. And the Embertone "Sensual Sax" though not free, is only $20 and can be had on sale for half that, so pretty close and nice IMO.
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

purplepat69 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:29 am a lot is coming out for Decent Sampler. I'd recommend that over Kontakt Player for that reason.
I disagree that "a lot" is coming out for Decent Sampler. I recommend buying Kontakt on sale (I got it for $125 in a cross-grade about a year ago) and it opens up a ton of plugins.
purplepat69

Post by purplepat69 »

mixyguy2 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:14 pm
purplepat69 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:29 am a lot is coming out for Decent Sampler. I'd recommend that over Kontakt Player for that reason.
I disagree that "a lot" is coming out for Decent Sampler. I recommend buying Kontakt on sale (I got it for $125 in a cross-grade about a year ago) and it opens up a ton of plugins.
I don't disagree that getting Kontakt on sale is a way to a ton more plugins than DS likely ever will. I did same as you, got it for $125 in crossgrade sale in 2022. But the topic is "FREE", and since very little free stuff will actually play on Kontakt Player (other than in a demo mode), Decent Sampler opens up a lot of options not available to other free sample players.
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

Actually there's a fair bit of stuff that will play on the free Kontakt Player, but sure, I'm not saying to disregard Decent Sampler at all, well worth a look.
Kokopeli

Post by Kokopeli »

Rarely mentioned, but i love it, they have free plugins here: https://www.acustica-audio.com/shop?categories=price-0, check Tan 2 and Eminence ;)