Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

jwarv

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by jwarv »

jwarv wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:55 am
Mr.Mxyzptlk wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:01 pm
I know Studio One has like a project page or something where a Master Track is created. Surely something like that would be better than nothing?
That's interesting. Have you used it?
Thar she blows! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFltRvSyevw

In this case you can master a whole album. I'd be happy with just one song at a time. I guess it's a matter of go big or go home.

Side point: Man, Joe Gilder is everywhere. :P
Mr.Mxyzptlk

Post by Mr.Mxyzptlk »

jwarv wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:55 am
Mr.Mxyzptlk wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:01 pm
I know Studio One has like a project page or something where a Master Track is created. Surely something like that would be better than nothing?
That's interesting. Have you used it?
Just started using it. Great for sorting those phasing issues.
i7-10700K 8Core @3.80 GHz, 128GB- 5TB NVMe+3TB SSD (Int) 4TB SSD (Ext)- Samsung 24"x3 Mon- PreSonus Studio 1810c+Eris E5 XT+Atom SQ- Yamaha Montage 7- AKG D5- Win 11 Pro- MX10 Pro- EastWest- Roland Cloud- KORG 4- Spitfire Audio- Heavyocity- 8Dio- NI
Htos_Drol

Post by Htos_Drol »

Would love to be able to right click and split notes in the piano roll.
That would be a MASSIVE time saver, even if 'split' was an option on the menu that pops up when right clicking!

(I know there's some round-about ways to do this, but those require a lot of repositioning after the split has been made.)
Banjostar

Post by Banjostar »

Is there any chance to make the show mixer/sound/editor shortcut a toggle?
ppayne

Post by ppayne »

Banjostar wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:48 am Is there any chance to make the show mixer/sound/editor shortcut a toggle?
I agree. I also miss the toggle option! I've always hidden the details area. After showing the mixer via shortcut, I always have to press the tiny minus. my current workaround is to undock the mixer, so that I can click the X for close instead of the minus.

Update: after I wrote it, I found the shortcut "Details hide/show". That's enough for me, actually. Perfect :D
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Banjostar wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:48 am Is there any chance to make the show mixer/sound/editor shortcut a toggle?
Hi,

Go into Hotkeys preferences and look at the View section (scroll down).

Greg

Hotkey options to show or hide the mixer, library, etc.
Hotkey options to show or hide the mixer, library, etc.
showhidedetailstabshotkeysMX10.png (65.45 KiB) Viewed 484285 times
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Banjostar

Post by Banjostar »

Thanks Greg! Don't know how I missed that one :)
Htos_Drol

Post by Htos_Drol »

I don't think any other DAW has this functionality, but was just in the middle of arranging a song and wished I could save what I had on the piano roll to a new piano roll in the same project. Sort of like tabs in Microsoft Excel. It would keep all markers and clips in the same place while allowing one to have a point of reference in case there is need to revert to a previous version (i.e. tab).

Just a thought.
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

Htos_Drol wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:18 pm I don't think any other DAW has this functionality, but was just in the middle of arranging a song and wished I could save what I had on the piano roll to a new piano roll in the same project. Sort of like tabs in Microsoft Excel. It would keep all markers and clips in the same place while allowing one to have a point of reference in case there is need to revert to a previous version (i.e. tab).

Just a thought.
'Duplicate' from the right click menu over a track, then mute the track as you wish in whole or in part
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
aturnerc7

Post by aturnerc7 »

My biggest issue with Mixcraft is being unable to route a send track to a submix instead of the master. It makes it really inconvenient because I have multiple drum sends for parallel processing for midi drums that I want to route to my drums submix which goes to my "band" submix and then to the master. But, instead I have to basically export the drums as wav and then upload it in a new project with guitars, bass, orchestrations, vocals, etc. and if my levels arent right, phasing issues, or alterations to midi, I have to go all the way back to the drum project.
I've noticed it since Mixcraft 7 and was hoping by now that it would have more routing options like other DAWs. I'll probably just have to learn Reaper at this point since I already own it and you can have sends routed pretty much however you want.
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

What you can do in MX 10 (even with a send track) is select the plugins on the track to be routed as an audio source.

What that means is the effect outputs on the send track can be set to essentially be routed to a track as an audio input source and that track could be routed to an output bus.

If you monitor the track receiving the send signal while it is armed, the output bus will pick up that signal.
ppayne

Multiple Studio Setups

Post by ppayne »

I'm missing more and more configurable studio setups in the options. I currently have to configure a lot of things in the projects and instrument presets that don't belong there.

Examples:

1. The Morphit effect for different headphones or an equalizer effect to adjust the studio monitors. Currently configured on the master track within each project.

2. Midi effects for different velocities and transpose settings for different keyboards (VeloScaler, MidiShapeShifter VSTi! ) . Currently configured on each track or within each instrument preset.

Etc.

It would be good if you could configure different studio setups with input and output effects in the options. I also need different ASIO and sound card setups because I'm going on vacation with my laptop and I have different input and output devices.

Everything is currently configured in the project and has to be completely reconfigured every time I use different headphones or a different keyboard in each project I want to use. I can also not share a project with a friend, because he has a completly different studio setup.

It would be nice when I or everybody could simply choose it's currently used studio setup in options including some global input and output effects, asio device and so on. Something that can be configured for the Mixcraft session and that applies to all projects.

Patrick
Last edited by ppayne on Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

Did you try saving project templates so you can recall your custom setups whenever you want?

However, the audio interface settings don't change with templates - only the track and effects setup.
ppayne

Post by ppayne »

cactus-head wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:07 am Did you try saving project templates so you can recall your custom setups whenever you want?

However, the audio interface settings don't change with templates - only the track and effects setup.
This doesn't help with existing projects. You also want to switch from headphones when traveling back to studio monitors at home with an external sound card, etc. For all projects.

This kind of settings simply don't belong in a project.
Frantiac

Post by Frantiac »

Hi, is there a way of hiding selected tracks from the main window like we hide them in the mixer? If not it would be useful to have the option, maybe even link them i.e when they're hidden in the mixer they disappear from the main window at the same time.

For instance once multiple send tracks are set up I don't need to access them anymore and even when they're at the smallest size they are still taking up useful space in the main window.
Focusrite Scarlett SOLO 3rd Gen --> Intel i3-9100, 8 GB RAM --> Windows 10 Pro --> Mixcraft 10.5 Pro Studio