Saving Projects

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

tsfrance

Saving Projects

Post by tsfrance »

I will go sometimes a few months between recording songs and when that happens I need to freshen up on how to use the program. How it works for me is someone will send me a sound file of them playing guitar and I will make a track adding licks. Then I render it to what format I want and it's done and then I save the project. So maybe in a day or two I will re-open the project and it can't locate a file. The reason for that is that when someone sent me the audio file I placed it on the desktop and then imported it into Mixcraft and then did my track and after I saved the project I put the file on my desktop into the recycle bin because I always think it would be saved in the project but its not. I know some DAWS have a setting for how you want to save and one of the choices is to save all audio files as part of the project. So my first question is does Mixcraft have that and my second question is if not then what is the best option so I don't keep having this happen. Should I just make one folder for any and all audio files used in all my projects so they will always be found and never lost? I hope I explained this correctly. Thanks!
TrevsAudio

Re: Saving Projects

Post by TrevsAudio »

Two methods.

While you are working with the files and come to save, hit file and 'copy project files to' (you can choose a folder or a zip file.)

My method: When starting, I first save the empty project with a name. I have a shortcut to my Mixcraft folder on my taskbar. Then I can drag and drop any other files from the desktop (or elsewhere) directly into that new project file.
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 32 gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite Solo; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
tsfrance

Re: Saving Projects

Post by tsfrance »

Thank You. Good ideas.