Can't Move Plugins or Virtual Keyboard

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Thomas

Can't Move Plugins or Virtual Keyboard

Post by Thomas »

I've never seen this before. Virtual keyboard and plugins show a blue outline around them and cannot be repositioned. MC 10 build 578, Win 10.
Locked KB Position.JPG
Locked KB Position.JPG (75.15 KiB) Viewed 5847 times
-Tom
Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio 64-Bit
Windows 10 64-Bit
AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHz 10GB Ram
2TB SSD
Behringer UMC404HD v5.57.0 interface
mixyguy2

Re: Can't Move Plugins or Virtual Keyboard

Post by mixyguy2 »

The blue outline is a style change; the unable to move thing I never encountered (also on Win 10). Reboot/reinstall maybe?
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

EDIT: I tried switching my mouse from a lefty to a righty and I was able to move the boxes again. Unfortunately, when I switched back to lefty, no joy. After playing with all the ways to set the mouse primary button (4), including Logitech Setpoint, I was able to get everything working again. Looks like squirrely mouse drivers.

original:
I uninstalled MC10, downloaded and installed latest 578 build and reinstalled, then rebooted. Still no change. I figure this happened after the latest update to build 578, even though it doesn't appear to be affecting everyone else. I don't remember seeing that blue box. When did they add that? Blue outline when it's selected. Would there be a setting that's causing this that got snafu'd?
-Tom
Windows 10 64-Bit
2TB SSD
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

A solution seems to have have been found to the mouse driver problem and not being able to move around plugins or the virtual keyboard. Everything else worked normally except those two things. I have no idea why the system acted up at that time but in the unlikely event someone else has the same/similar issue, here is what I did. If you have a Logitech mouse, go into the Logitech Setpoint driver and uncheck the box, "Retain OS Settings" as shown in the image. That's it.
MouseDriver.jpg
MouseDriver.jpg (86.71 KiB) Viewed 5751 times
Mouse Driver Notes.JPG
Mouse Driver Notes.JPG (85.79 KiB) Viewed 5751 times
-Tom
Windows 10 64-Bit
2TB SSD