Just bought MX10 Pro - install fails

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

jmpld

Just bought MX10 Pro - install fails

Post by jmpld »

I've attached a screenshot of what happens
Attachments
mx install failure.png
mx install failure.png (359.09 KiB) Viewed 1109 times
Acoustica Greg

Re: Just bought MX10 Pro - install fails

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Which edition of Windows do you have?

Can you download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable from this link? https://aka.ms/vs/17/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
jmpld

Post by jmpld »

Thank you, Greg. I picked the "repair" button from the link you sent and now MX installs. I haven't tested yet. FYI, this is a new top-of-the line Sager notebook with Windows 11 and I did the Windows Update first thing. May I humbly suggest that if these VC++ runtimes are required by MX, their installation or update be part of the MX installation? They sort of are now, but the user is asked to "configure or remove" previous versions of the redistributables, as shown in my screenshot, and some of us are reluctant to remove important files when we're not absolutely sure what we're doing. I think the link you sent me is better than the one included in the current MX setup because it includes the "repair" button, which turned out (I think, so far) to be the right one. Thanks again!
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

jmpld wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:31 am If these VC++ runtimes are required by MX, their installation or update be part of the MX installation?
Many programs use C++, many. If it's a brand new machine I wouldn't be surprised you'll have to do some others as well. Here's a link if you need it.
https://www.techpowerup.com/download/vi ... ll-in-one/