Support Required for Meodyne Issue.

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

aj113

Support Required for Meodyne Issue.

Post by aj113 »

This is the sequence of events.

I opened a project that was working perfectly the previous day. One channel had multiple clips, all with Melodyne. Some were working, others had no output (no sound on playback or when scrubbed).

A search on the web showed that others had experienced this issue (not with MC) but there was no solution.

1. Uninstalled Melodyne
2. Reinstalled MC so that I could re-install Melodyne
3. Opened the project, clicked on a clip, popup says click to activate Melodyne.
4. Enetered serial (Melodyne 5 Assistant)
6. Nothing happens. Melodyne is stuck on Melodyne 4 player (all blobs disabled) and a popup notifies that 'this document may be corrupt".

I've reinstalled MC three more times, and done a system restore.

I notice from looking at the blobs that they have been reset to the original positions, meaning that none of my work has registered. I sincerely hope that is not permanent; I have been working on this project for two years.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Support Required for Meodyne Issue.

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Which version and build of Mixcraft are you using? Mixcraft 9 installs Melodyne 4 Essential. Mixcraft 10 installs Melodyne 5 Essential.

You could uninstall all versions of Melodyne and then install your Melodyne 5 Assistant.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
aj113

Post by aj113 »

Mixcraft 9 pro studio.

I don't know the version because I am not in my studio currently but I assume the current version is installed in a fresh installation?

"You could uninstall all versions of Melodyne and then install your Melodyne 5 Assistant."

See above. That's exactly what I did.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You mentioned it was showing Melodyne 4 Player, so that's why I suggested that, and Mixcraft 9 installs Melodyne 4, not Melodyne 5.

Wait until you're in front of your computer, then click on Melodyne's Help menu and check the version info inside Mixcraft.

If you do indeed have Melodyne 5 Assistant installed, one trick to try is to activate the standalone version of Melodyne.

Greg
aj113

Post by aj113 »

I somehow managed to get Melodyne 5 back. When I tried to upgrade to 5 the computer said 5 was already installed, even though MC was showing 4. I uninstalled Melodyne 5 from Control Panel, then reinstalled, and that worked.

However, the original issue was still there: some clips with Melodyne were playing; others were not. The ones that were not playing all came from a merged file that must have somehow been corrupt. I re-imported the merged file, still didn't play with Melodyne, so I mixed it to a new track, and that one worked. (Had to re-tune and re-adjust again but at least I had it back).

Thank you Greg.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Mixcraft 10 has a new "Finalize" button that allows people to mix to a new clip when they are satisfied with their Melodyne edits.

In Mixcraft 9, you can just Ctrl+W the clip, which is almost as convenient anyway.
aj113

Post by aj113 »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:41 pm Mixcraft 10 has a new "Finalize" button that allows people to mix to a new clip when they are satisfied with their Melodyne edits.
How is that different to 'mix to new track'?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

That was kind of my point - it's just slightly more convenient because all you have to do is click on the button that's right there above Melodyne rather than locating the clip and right-clicking or pressing the hotkey.

Greg
Finalize Melodyne button.
Finalize Melodyne button.
finalizemelodyneMX10.png (40.14 KiB) Viewed 22024 times