Make a generative synth for good drums (or whatever) in a day

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

sirisO

Make a generative synth for good drums (or whatever) in a day

Post by sirisO »

So here's a very simple example for say a snare drum though hinting a bit beyond that...

You could probably have a plugin that is super general fundamentally within a day.

From a very simple sort of worst case start, you have say, a basic snare one shot sample. Then, you break that into specific (though flexible and however many "subsamples") ranges/components. Then you generate variations with whatever modifiers/fx, of those components. You listen and rate those variations (so that it can bias). Combine, and get similarly, variations of that, which you then break down again, and repeat that process.

Any sort of ir/mic even some algorithmic derivative combination is possible because you just emulate or simulate those, similarly...

Roughly speaking and highly simplified, of course. I coded some physics and stuff so i do have some sort of whatever you call it but currently im typing one handed and dont code. Just throwing out ideas.

In the case of having "amp"(arb fx chains) models, you could use like a correlated differentiation mapping, i dunno what other people call it. Something like neuralamp or neutone are sort of examples of that.

So your whatever consolidated fx chain/amp/mod/morpher would have varying specific arb results derived from say, A/B stuff, from some basic stuff.

GLHF