Hexcel

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

clintmusic

Hexcel

Post by clintmusic »

I just auditioned a trial version of Hexcel (midi generator) from ADSR sounds and couldn't get it to work. I placed it first in the instrument chain with a piano under it, didn't work. I reversed the two, still didn't work. Has anyone had any success with getting it to work in Mixcraft and if so, how did you set it up?
cactus-head

Re: Hexcel

Post by cactus-head »

Hi,

It sounds like you got it set up correctly. It should be the first instrument in the chain followed by the instrument you want to play back. Check your second instrument on the instrument panel and make sure its volume is up.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

...and maybe try a simple instrument like Acoustic Piano first, to make sure it's not some setting in the other plugin.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
clintmusic

Post by clintmusic »

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm doing. Hexcel first, with Acoustica Pianissimo second.
I can hear the Piano fine but I can see that Hexcel isn't connecting at all. Nothing moves in it's GUI when I play.
clintmusic

Post by clintmusic »

I figured it out. With this plugin you actually have to record some midi first with an instrument, then rewind and hit play. Then Hexcel kicks in adds variations to what you played.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know the solution you found.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101