MX10 Problems with Plugin Scaling ME80 64 bit BIG Version

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

RobAsticles

MX10 Problems with Plugin Scaling ME80 64 bit BIG Version

Post by RobAsticles »

Since my upgrade from MX9 pro to MX10 pro i have experienced many problems with the scaling of plugins.

In most of the cases it also doent help, to disable automatic scaling in the Plugins setting, because the Plugins become way too tiny.

For example i own the ME80 v2.7 BIG plugin, which is the same, as in the MX9/10 pro edition, but with a much bigger GUI. I bought it long before i discovered Mixcraft. The bigger version of this plugin is better because it is better usable on 4k displays.

Everything was great with MX9, but in MX10, the plugin became unusable, because you cannot move any sliders or other controls any more. It is probably a problem with the graphic scaling.

I really like the new MX10 features, especially the posibillity to route midi and audio. However the Problems mith many plugins make it (almost) unusable. And there are also others (free and comercial) that have problems (e.g. Synth 1 Librarian)

I hope there is a way to solve this problem.

Thanks and best regards
Acoustica Greg

Re: MX10 Problems with Plugin Scaling ME80 64 bit BIG Version

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Some plugins just don't scale nicely, even though Mixcraft 10 now scales beautifully. Go into Mixcraft's Display preferences and select the option called "Disable Per-Monitor DPI Awareness," then click OK and restart Mixcraft. This setting makes Mixcraft 10 behave more like previous versions of Mixcraft in regard to Windows scaling.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
RobAsticles

Post by RobAsticles »

Hello Greg,

i already knew the "disable Per_monitor DPI" settining. It solves problems with some plugins, unfortunate it creates others with different plugins, e.g. Halion 7 doen't work because the GUI is distorted.

I wish i could have an MX10 with the old scaling, where i never had any problems.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The scaling should be the same with that setting on. In regard to the ones that don't look right, are you using VST2 or VST3? Do they look correct in Mixcraft 9 if you try them today?

Greg
RobAsticles

Post by RobAsticles »

Halion 7 (vst3) in MX9 works perfectly

Halion 7 (vst3) in MX10 works perfectly, if i dont check "Disable Per-Monitor DPI" . When it is enabled, it becomes unusable (distorted or extremly small GUI inside a much bigger window. This is my biggest problem, beause it is my main plugin (and it cost a lot of money).

ME80 v2 BIG (Vst2) work in MX9. In MX10 it either too small or big, but unsable (disable automatic resizing). "Disable Per-Monitor DPI" makes no difference.

Synth1 Librarian works in MX9 but it doent show the complete GUI (right side is cropped) in MX10 without "Disable DPI". With DIsable DPI enabled, it is complete visible, but there are all the other problems.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

What is your scaling setting in Windows display settings? How to things look at 100% scale, or closer to 100% scale?

Greg
RobAsticles

Post by RobAsticles »

WIth 100% scale most plugins are too small to be usable, but there is no difference between MX9 or 10.
On 150% (my standard) or 200% the described problems and differences between mx9 and 10 persist.
RobAsticles

Post by RobAsticles »

and again - like always - no solution and no interest. I am beginning to dislike Mixcraft :-(
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

How does the normal ME80 v2.5 work (as opposed to the big one?)

I've heard from a couple of customers about not being able to move the controls of ME80 v2.5 and Messiah 2 when Windows is scaled up, but I can't get that to happen here.

Try the plugins with DPI awareness enabled, and if the problem happens again, quit Mixcraft 10 and send us your Mixcraft10-Log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft10-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\Logs

Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log10.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file (and dmp file if there's a new one) along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

With DPI awareness enabled, go into File menu > Plug-in Manager and right-click on big ME80 and turn off the option to Auto-scale it to Match Monitor Scale, then restart Mixcraft. Does that fix the problem?

Greg