Mixcraft 10 display themes (was: Q & A).

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Ian Craig

Re: Mixcraft 10 display themes (was: Q & A).

Post by Ian Craig »

tfranklinh wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:22 pm
TrevsAudio wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:05 pm Aah, PLEASE give us back our beloved Mixcraft 8.

I still use mine to do voice overs on my videos. Really pretty. 8)

MX 8.png
Yes Trev and Greg. This would shut me up good! Thanks for posting that.
Yes, having got a refund then getting into debt for months buying Ableton Live only to have found it annoying and returning to Mixcraft 8 (& Mixcraft 9 when I don't mind using MRecorder on the Master track to record the output to hear the sound as I mixed it, rather than rely on mx9 to mixdown anything reliably, which it doesn't), I'm still wondering why Mixcraft 10 even modified is left with those hideous black hole boxes. Originally I thought Ableton looked crap, due to it's flatness, but Mx10 made Ableton seem much more bearable by comparison. That pointless flatness contrasts with the Cherry Audio synths & FX, none of which have boxes that look as black as Syd Barrett's eyes. If it was up to me there would be a choice of 'Mx8 skin' & 'Mx10 pointless flat blackhole skin' (Just in case anyone's looking for skin titles).
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
creativeforge

Re: Mixcraft 10 display themes (was: Q & A).

Post by creativeforge »

TrevsAudio wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:05 pm Aah, PLEASE give us back our beloved Mixcraft 8.
I still use mine to do voice overs on my videos. Really pretty. 8)
MX 8.png
Yummy to the eyes... Imagine a GPS screen in black and white with no discernable water ways or mountain ridges... Land relief, landscape visual cues like we had in the old days...

(Sigh ► Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh...) ;)