AIR music Technology theRiser

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

TomCat63

AIR music Technology theRiser

Post by TomCat63 »

Hello;

I believe I have found another VST that doesn't work with Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio - AIR Music Technology theRiser It works in a little VSThost program I have, but does not show up inside Mixcraft. This is an ILOK activated program ,but has been properly activated.

Thanx
Acoustica Greg

Re: AIR music Technology theRiser

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We got that other plugin working for you by using the VST2 version, right?

In regard to The Riser, it's working for me, but it took a bit of fussing. I downloaded the trial, and it wanted iLok, so I entered credentials for that and installed The Riser. When I opened up Mixcraft, it wasn't there. Mixcraft couldn't load it, and added it to its ignore list. I went into File menu > Plug-In Manager's Unable to Load section and set The Riser to "Attempt to Load." Then after I restarted Mixcraft The Riser asked if I wanted to activate or use the trial, and I clicked trial, which gave me an error that I had already started the trial (what I needed to click on was "Continue" instead). I went back into Plug-in Manager and set it to attempt to load again.

Anyway, long story short, it turned out I needed to update iLok itself to get this plugin to load.

You're looking for it among your virtual instruments, right? It's not under FX.

Greg

The Riser plugin in Mixcraft 10.1.
The Riser plugin in Mixcraft 10.1.
theriserMX10.png (39.58 KiB) Viewed 9901 times
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Also, go into Mixcraft's Plug-Ins preferences, click Edit VST/VSTi folders and make sure that the folder where you installed the VST file is in the list. By default, it seems to want to go here:

C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins\

Greg
TomCat63

Post by TomCat63 »

Thank you...it was aking for ILOK update but I ignored, also forgot about VST2 thing!
TomCat63

Post by TomCat63 »

I surrender, Air Music Technology theRiser does not like me. I updated Ilok, it's activated, I re-installed theRiser twice with reboots, and used Revo uninstaller pro to clean AND checked registry after. The vst is sitting right there in my VST64 folder and it is the 64bit version. The only non-standard install is that my VST folder is on my D: drive but so is everything else and that is where I directed it using their installer. I had contacted Plugin Boutique parallel to our conversation and they say, AIr Technology told them it's only compatible with win10 (I'm using win11 fully updated). They offered a refund but I got it on sale for 9.99 and it works with my miniHost- go figure. Thank you for all your time and advice on this, it was quite thorough, just sorry it didn't work. ThanX!
TomCat63

Post by TomCat63 »

...FYI, it shows in Plugin Manager as unable to load, and yes I rescannedd my vst folders.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I'm using Windows 11. Once you had the iLok stuff straightened out, did you set TheRiser to "Attempt to Load" and restart Mixcraft?

Greg
Mr.Mxyzptlk

Post by Mr.Mxyzptlk »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:58 am Hi,

I'm using Windows 11. Once you had the iLok stuff straightened out, did you set TheRiser to "Attempt to Load" and restart Mixcraft?

Greg
Hi Greg, I didn't want to start a new thread. I sent a crash report several days ago but not heard anything. Did you receive it?
i7-10700K 8Core @3.80 GHz, 128GB- 5TB NVMe+3TB SSD (Int) 4TB SSD (Ext)- Samsung 24"x3 Mon- PreSonus Studio 1810c+Eris E5 XT+Atom SQ- Yamaha Montage 7- AKG D5- Win 11 Pro- MX10 Pro- EastWest- Roland Cloud- KORG 4- Spitfire Audio- Heavyocity- 8Dio- NI
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

HI,

Please try not to hijack other people's topics.

I don't see anything under the email address you're using for this user forum account since October 3, when I answered your question about Opus.

EDITED TO ADD: if this is about the Project tab, I believe I found your ticket under a different email address. I'll reply.

Note that if you keep replying to your own ticket, it bumps it into the more recently received tickets.

Greg
TomCat63

Post by TomCat63 »

I am ignorant on how to set to attempt to load!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

TomCat63 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:34 pm I am ignorant on how to set to attempt to load!
Hi,

Click on "Unloadable."

Greg

Attempt to load in Plug-In Manager.
Attempt to load in Plug-In Manager.
attempttoloadunloadableMX10.png (26.61 KiB) Viewed 9748 times
TomCat63

Post by TomCat63 »

Okay I found it in The Plugin manager, I have a combination of contrast scheme (high contrast) and color modifications on my screen because I am visually impaired and each software program seems to react a bit differently, so, I didn't see the little down arrow. (mostly Mixcraft adapts quite well).....anyhoo I did set to try to load and clicked okay, shut down and restarted Mixcraft but alas, it alludes me. I will try again. Please help others, this is making us both tired of it!
TomCat63

Post by TomCat63 »

Well, opened up the Plugin Manager and under "Unable to Load"...it's gone but when I go to FX it isn't there either. The little bastard cut and run! I am doing some sample management right now, but I will try a reboot later. I still want you to just look away and move on...
TomCat63

Post by TomCat63 »

Last post on this wretched little plugin. I re-installed, deactivated, reactivated via Ilok, but still won't appear in "unable to load" or "all plugins". I am sorry I am making you read this! Soon to be a short called "The Fall of the House of theRiser"
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Hah!

Go into Mixcraft 10's general preferences and choose the option to zip up your log files, then submit a support ticket and attach the zip file.

Greg