Loading any mx# except mx9 from a backup

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

SethSkoda

Loading any mx# except mx9 from a backup

Post by SethSkoda »

I have a slew of project files from .mx4 to .mx9. I recently had a PC motherboard blow out, and upon restoring my project files via a backup on to a new PC, I have found that mx9 files from said backup do not load. "Mixcraft failed to load the project: It may be corrupt." Projects from earlier versions of Mixcraft (from the same backup source) load just fine. I tried to troubleshoot this, knowing that on the previously mentioned dead PC, I was using 64-bit Mixcraft, while on this new one, I went with 32-bit due to its lower specs. I installed the 64 bit version, just to have the exact same issue.

Considering that it was an online backup (Google Drive), I have to wonder if there is some sort of security feature in place (and if so, how to bypass it). mx9 project files made on the new PC load just fine. Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Acoustica Greg

Re: Loading any mx# except mx9 from a backup

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Please submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach one of the project files that won't load for you. We'll see if we can load it here.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101