Setting levels for song sections

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

javtroncoso

Setting levels for song sections

Post by javtroncoso »

I would love to be able to set the volume and pan levels for a section of a song and have these settings automatically apply everywhere that section is used in the song. For example, if my verse has a quiet guitar but my chorus has the same guitar louder, I don't want to set those levels EACH TIME the verse and chorus come in, I would like to set it one time for "verse", one time for "chorus", and then these automatically be applied everywhere in the song as appropriate. Can this be done? Or, should I consider a better way of doing this?
Rolling Estonian

Re: Setting levels for song sections

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Automation is going to open a whole new world for you!

https://youtu.be/Apg9wesz74o?si=0H6J7ogsOD3iD0XE

M
javtroncoso

Post by javtroncoso »

Thanks,
I was familiar with it but the video did give me some ideas like copy-pasting the automation. So, maybe copy pasting from one verse to the other would be what I want to do. It would be cool if you could set parameters for "all verses" at the same time. Of course you would first have to tag which sections are the verses. Similar with choruses. Less copy-pasting that way. First world problems, though.
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

Hi,

Here's an idea: Create a verse, set volumes etc, mix it down to an audio file. Create a chorus, set levels, mix down to an audio file.

Start a new project, open the performance panel and add the mixed down verses and choruses in sequence as you need them on the performance grid. Put the verses on one track, put the choruses on another track. You should be able to set the levels on each track once; assuming you want the chorus and the verses to be at their relative volumes whenever they play.
Last edited by cactus-head on Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
javtroncoso

Post by javtroncoso »

That's actually a very good idea, thanks!
aj113

Post by aj113 »

Put the verses and choruses on separate tracks, then they can have their own levels.