midi instrument - pitch different in render to mp3 than in normal playback?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Sturdy

midi instrument - pitch different in render to mp3 than in normal playback?

Post by Sturdy »

Hi all, any body had issues with a midi instrument (lounge lizard sessions 4 vst3 in my case) playing back fine in the project, but changing pitch only when rendering to mp3? Or any known issues around that?

I don't see any pitch modulation on the midi clip and unsure why (or don't understand why) it would sound in proper pitch in the project when I playback the project, but becomes out of tune only when rendering to mp3?

Appreciate any tips. Not encountered this before. I think I've used this vst on other tracks without issue also.

edit: I just changed the instrument from the vst3 version of the lounge lizard session 4 plugin to vst2 and it now renders in tune. Only difference is when rendering. During playback they sound same.

edit2: just did another song, this time using AAS player (same company as lounge lizard) and the vst3 rendered in different pitch than the vst2 aas player.
Acoustica Greg

Re: midi instrument - pitch different in render to mp3 than in normal playback?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Check out this pinned post (particularly the part about mixing down to the same sample rate): https://forums.acoustica.com/viewtopic.php?t=24566

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Sturdy

Re: midi instrument - pitch different in render to mp3 than in normal playback?

Post by Sturdy »

Thanks Greg. I'll try that. I did change to 48k a while back and this might be the first time using synth plugs since then. appreciated.

edit: Rendering to 48k wav file works fine with the vst3s that was having pitch problems above. thanks. Is there a way to go immediately to mp3 doing the same process without having to go to 48k wav first? I checked a bunch of options on the mp3 creation and couldn't see anything to tell it about 48k source. Sorry to be such a pain. I didn't realize 48k was going to cause problems, and seems like many places suggest using it.