Need Help : Creating New Click Tracks - MixCraft 10

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Lion8974

Need Help : Creating New Click Tracks - MixCraft 10

Post by Lion8974 »

Hello peeps!

I have searched the archives and found a lot of useful information, but I think I finally hit my first major roadblock. I do not have an engineer or a MixCraft wiz available, and I am NEW to this side of things, so I apologize for any shortcomings in ironing out the details I am looking for to remedy my current issue.

I am in need of creating my own personal click tracks for my drum recordings and backing tracks for live shows. What I am looking to accomplish in the immediate, so I have a base foundation to work off of is this ( I know I may be reinventing the wheel, but I am new to this):

I need to create various 5 minute tracks of just the metronome at the required BPM
Example of Project 1: a 5-minute 4/4 metronome at 125bpm (Channel/Track 1)
Example of Project 2: a 5-minute 4/4 metronome at 98bpm (Channel/Track 1)
Example of Project 3: a 5-minute 4/4 metronome at 114bpm (Channel/Track 1)

I would need to do this for 40x projects, but this would allow me to setup each song so I can then do the following for my own personal tracks:
1) cut it down to size with intro comment (Song Title and Key)
2) 8-count intro
3) vocal count-in for fills/breaks, solos, endings, etc.

Again, I appreciate your patience and understanding to my topic. Any assistance is welcome.
Some people got it... and some people got it coming.
Mr.Mxyzptlk

Re: Need Help : Creating New Click Tracks - MixCraft 10

Post by Mr.Mxyzptlk »

Not sure if this is what you mean, but just arm an audio track, enter your bpm/time signature and volume settings etc., then just hit record. Mixcraft will then create an audio recording of the metronome. Just be sure to adjust the setting between Time/Beats, according to whether you want a specific length of time or amount of measures.
i7-10700K 8Core @3.80 GHz, 128GB- 5TB NVMe+3TB SSD (Int) 4TB SSD (Ext)- Samsung 24"x3 Mon- PreSonus Studio 1810c+Eris E5 XT+Atom SQ- Yamaha Montage 7- AKG D5- Win 11 Pro- MX10 Pro- EastWest- Roland Cloud- KORG 4- Spitfire Audio- Heavyocity- 8Dio- NI
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You can just make a MIDI clip and drag it out to the desired length. Here's an example using a wood block sound.
woodblockclicktrack.mid
Wood block MIDI file.
(3.24 KiB) Downloaded 4047 times
Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Lion8974

Post by Lion8974 »

Mr.Mxyzptlk wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:56 am Image

Not sure if this is what you mean, but just arm an audio track, enter your bpm/time signature and volume settings etc., then just hit record. Mixcraft will then create an audio recording of the metronome. Just be sure to adjust the setting between Time/Beats, according to whether you want a specific length of time or amount of measures.
Mr.Mxyzptlk you rock!!!

This is exactly what I am looking for. The detail on length of time is also helpful. Thank you for helping this newbie!

Attempting this now.
Lion8974

Post by Lion8974 »

It works and I have been cranking out what I need. Thank you all for your assistance.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Note that you can also save the click tracks into session templates.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
edjex

Post by edjex »

Mr.Mxyzptlk wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:56 am Image

This is not doing anything in my side? I can hear the clicks when recording but silence on playback.
If you think about it, it is not logical to record the clicktrack when recording other instruments. What am I missing here?
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

Mr.Mxyzptlk wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:56 am Not sure if this is what you mean, but just arm an audio track, enter your bpm/time signature and volume settings etc., then just hit record. Mixcraft will then create an audio recording of the metronome. Just be sure to adjust the setting between Time/Beats, according to whether you want a specific length of time or amount of measures.
edjex wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:08 am This is not doing anything in my side? I can hear the clicks when recording but silence on playback.
If you think about it, it is not logical to record the clicktrack when recording other instruments. What am I missing here?
I think this only works outside of headphones if the mic input can "hear" the clicking of the metronome. Otherwise if the metronome automatically recorded just by arming a track, all of your audio tracks would be recorded with the metronome blended in with it.

I think it's better to make a single MIDI clip and then drag it to the length you need as Greg suggested.
Last edited by cactus-head on Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Using a MIDI clip is so simple and easy.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Mr.Mxyzptlk

Post by Mr.Mxyzptlk »

Not sure how, but it works perfectly for me? I get a perfectly clear audio track of the metronome. I just tried it again with a lower volume and it recorded the metronome with the reduced volume.
i7-10700K 8Core @3.80 GHz, 128GB- 5TB NVMe+3TB SSD (Int) 4TB SSD (Ext)- Samsung 24"x3 Mon- PreSonus Studio 1810c+Eris E5 XT+Atom SQ- Yamaha Montage 7- AKG D5- Win 11 Pro- MX10 Pro- EastWest- Roland Cloud- KORG 4- Spitfire Audio- Heavyocity- 8Dio- NI
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

What is you input source?
Mr.Mxyzptlk

Post by Mr.Mxyzptlk »

Interface Line 1/2.
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

Hi,

:) What I meant was, is you microphone plugged into that line - or is your laptop or computer mic "always on" and set to record? That's the only way I can think of how the feed back from the metronome would be recorded - unless you had the input set to loopback. Normally one shouldn't be able to record the metronome because it would then be blended in with their other recorded tracks.
Mr.Mxyzptlk

Post by Mr.Mxyzptlk »

I have no idea! :D It just works! I have an AKG mic plugged into input 3 and a webcam mic that is always on for work, if that helps?