Help needed with immediate problem or witn OBS Studio

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

clavguy

Help needed with immediate problem or witn OBS Studio

Post by clavguy »

I have been fighting with the folks over at plugin boutique now for a month. I purchased Korg Wavestation through them. To start with, I thought their authorization procedure was pretty convoluted. Because if you missed their process by just a little.. you were hosed at Korg. But that said, I got in. But now when I start an instance of Wavestation in Mixcraft 10 and click on one of the notes on it's virtual keyboard, it just just freezes right up. Clicking on anything else does nothing but produce the spinning progress indicator. It stays like that forever. I mean after about 10 minutes, I finally have to do the 3 finger salute and use task manager to end out of Mixcraft. I have reported that to the folks over at Plugin Boutique and they want me to send them a screen recording of this. So I tried using OBS Studio. I quickly tried to do a test case with Acoustica piano and found that OBS Studio only records the audio coming from my real yamaha keyboard and not from the plugin. Not that is matters here since Wavestation freezes and sends NOTHING. So can someone help me with Wavestation or with why OBS Studio does not record audio from the VST, orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr recommend a FREE screen recording app that I can use instead of OBS Studio. (ShareX recorded NO audio at all)

Thanks
Pierre

PS.. Getting Wavestation to run would be my first choice.. I would want that instead of a refund from Plugin Boutique
cactus-head

Re: Help needed with immediate problem or witn OBS Studio

Post by cactus-head »

Hi,

For compatibility and OBS recording etc. , use Wave in Mixcraft for your audio output. I think you can get away with coreRT but I am 100% positive wave works.

In OBS add the audio source that you are using as playback in mixcraft. OBS uses Windows mapping so if ASIO is used in another audio aplication, it won't be picked up by OBS. And since Wave setup in MIxcraft is the most generic in Windows, you should be good with that.

My suspicion with wavestation would be there is some kind of perpetual loop happening that's locking everything up. Maybe a MIDI loop where the input and output sources are set to be the same. Or an audio loop where the input and output are set to be the same. My guess would be the first scenario with MIDI. I haven't used the product, but the symptoms you describe made me think of that first.
clavguy

Post by clavguy »

I am using my Focusrite USB audio interface and not ASIO... is that a problem?
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

Shouldn't be, I would think. Just use the wave audio options in Mixcraft. And the same in OBS