un-merging clips

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

sludgethunder

un-merging clips

Post by sludgethunder »

Hi all,

I'm wondering if there is any way to unmerge a clip besides using the "undo" function under the edit tab.
The particular clip that I'd ideally like to unmerge was merged many days ago and I've done hundreds of actions since the merging so using that "undo" function not really possible.
It's not crucial but if there's a way I'd love to know it.
Thanks!
Acoustica Greg

Re: un-merging clips

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It sounds like it's too late for undo. Would splitting the clip be a good solution? Ctrl+T or Alt+Ctrl+click

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
sludgethunder

Post by sludgethunder »

splitting works- haha I'll be doing about 40 of them. Was just looking into whether there was a time saving method I didn't know about.
Thanks!
vizionheiry

Post by vizionheiry »

sludgethunder wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:27 pm splitting works- haha I'll be doing about 40 of them. Was just looking into whether there was a time saving method I didn't know about.
Thanks!
If you can recall when you did the merging, you can go back into your backup files. Your sounds will be in their original state. You can then use the Sound Tab to locate them in your folder, Copy and Rename Them. Then add the sounds back into your more recent project. If it's just one or two sounds, it's worth it. I don't know if it's necessary for all 40 files. But just remember the backups hold your project's memory.
aj113

Post by aj113 »

Simply copy and paste from a backup project.