Plugins on monitor only

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

drew365

Plugins on monitor only

Post by drew365 »

I'm not sure if this is really simple and I'm missing it, but I would like to add effects from a plugin to a new vocal track while I'm recording it, but not have the effects print. Just show up in the headphone monitor. Is this possible. I have Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio on Win 10 Pro.
cactus-head

Re: Plugins on monitor only

Post by cactus-head »

Not sure what you mean. If you are recording vocals to a track, only the vocals are recorded. The effects on the track only affect playback but don't change the recording. The recording is only combined with the effects "permanently" when the track and effects are mixed down to either another track or to a file.
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Isn't this what the monitor button is for? You set up to record with the monitor button on and it will output the track with all effects on it.

M
drew365

Post by drew365 »

cactus-head wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:01 pm Not sure what you mean. If you are recording vocals to a track, only the vocals are recorded. The effects on the track only affect playback but don't change the recording. The recording is only combined with the effects "permanently" when the track and effects are mixed down to either another track or to a file.
Thank you. That straightened out my thought process. I was thinking that if I activated a plug in during record, it would print with the effect. Now I know.