Midi pad mapping with acoustica drums (SOLVED)

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Passionpasi

Midi pad mapping with acoustica drums (SOLVED)

Post by Passionpasi »

Notemapper Instrument VST is answer to my request.

I lost original message when editing....I was asking easier way to map random acoustica studio drums for midi pad 4x4. I knew to map straight from touchdaw app (slow way) and drawing selected midi notes to midi track after each other mix to a new track and slice them to omni sampler. With addictive drums 2 its easy, just doing midi learn for any selected sound.
Last edited by Passionpasi on Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
10.5 Pro 596, Win 11, Focusrite solo 4th gen
cactus-head

Re: Midi pad mapping with acoustica drums

Post by cactus-head »

Hi,

I think because the standard kit in Mixcraft is bound to the GM drum standard, then the notes are premapped to certain MIDI keys.

http://michael-burman.de/drummap.htm

If your 4x4 pad can be programmed to have a pad be a specific MIDI note or default to a chromatic pattern, then it should be a quick and easy mapping based on GM.

As far as the difference in expressing MIDI numbering, the note letters with a number don't necessarily follow a strict standard. Generally, the lowest Visible C on an 88 key MIDI keyboard is designated C0 and assigned MIDI note 24. That makes Middle C - C3 . Now some manufacturers will label the lowest visible C on an 88 key keyboard as C1 which makes middle C - C4 . So there is no real rule to it. The actual MIDI notes start from 0 and go up to 127 so that doesn't really help us here except that sometimes MIDI note 60 is labeled as C3 and sometimes it is labeled as C4. It really comes back to what physical keys are visible on an electronic keyboard and how the manufacturer or designer wants to label the notes.
Passionpasi

Re: Midi pad mapping with acoustica drums

Post by Passionpasi »

Thanks for you response!

Im using touchdaw with android tablet and i can map every pad button to correlate midi key(0-127). But it needs a bit effort, mixcraft shows note like (C2) and then looking midi map list for correlated midi key (36) and adding it. Maybe there could be temporal rerouting inside mixcraft, by pressing C2 from pad would act as chosen sound like F3. So as pad goes C2, C#2, D2 there could be quick midi learn to chosen sound.

Feels a bit strange there is no agreement for note naming like middle C (key 60). But as looking world there are many different ways and namings to express same things. Like celsius/fahrenheit, metrics/miles, 12/24 hour clock etc. So thats how it is...
10.5 Pro 596, Win 11, Focusrite solo 4th gen