Kontakt 7 crashing Mixcraft

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

unclemeat

Kontakt 7 crashing Mixcraft

Post by unclemeat »

I purchased Kontakt 7 today. When I attempt to load two instances of it in Mixcraft on 2 separate tracks, Mixcraft just shuts down while loading the second instance. No error message, it just closes. Any ideas?
ppayne

Re: Kontakt 7 crashing Mixcraft

Post by ppayne »

Try this, it worked for me once:

https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... kt-Crashes

If Kontakt 7 crashes, there a million reasons, most of them lie with Kontakt itself :oops: Take a look at these problems too

https://community.native-instruments.co ... -5-2022/p2

Maybe you can find a hint in the K7 logs

Patrick
unclemeat

Post by unclemeat »

ppayne wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:18 am Try this, it worked for me once:

https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... kt-Crashes

If Kontakt 7 crashes, there a million reasons, most of them lie with Kontakt itself :oops: Take a look at these problems too

https://community.native-instruments.co ... -5-2022/p2

Maybe you can find a hint in the K7 logs

Patrick
Thanks Patrick, I tried everything in the first link but it didn't help. Interestingly, I was able to load two instances of Kontakt by adding one, saving the file, closing Mixcraft, opening Mixcraft and then adding the second one. Unfortunately though, I can no longer open the project with the two instances of Kontakt trying to load - MIxcraft just shuts down. So that hack "solution" is not going to work. Fortunately, I have lots of backups! I put a ticket in with Acoustica....
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

What are your PC specs? Kontakt is a very resource heavy program, often times multiple instances of programs like that will hammer a project.

M
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Kontakt 7 is working just fine for us here.

Get it to happen again, then quit Mixcraft 10 and send us your Mixcraft10-Log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft10-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\Logs

Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log10.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file (and dmp file if there's a new one) along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
unclemeat

Post by unclemeat »

Rolling Estonian wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:30 pm What are your PC specs? Kontakt is a very resource heavy program, often times multiple instances of programs like that will hammer a project.

M
It's a Dell XPS 15 with an i9-12900 processor and 64gb of RAM.

Thanks
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

unclemeat wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:02 pm It's a Dell XPS 15 with an i9-12900 processor and 64gb of RAM.
That's a beast! Shouldn't have any problems there! Was just checking because that's a factor that many folks don't consider. Hopefully Greg et al will be able to help you out.

M
unclemeat

Post by unclemeat »

Update: Turns out I can get two instances of Kontakt to run but I can' t have the interface showing up more than once. I have to make sure to close the interface on one track if I want to use the Kontakt interface on another track.