Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Ian Craig

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by Ian Craig »

Frantiac wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:55 am Hi, is there a way of hiding selected tracks from the main window like we hide them in the mixer? If not it would be useful to have the option, maybe even link them i.e when they're hidden in the mixer they disappear from the main window at the same time.

For instance once multiple send tracks are set up I don't need to access them anymore and even when they're at the smallest size they are still taking up useful space in the main window.
Add a Submix track and put them in that and click the lower left of the submix box to hide the contents, then you only have one (Mixcraft 9)
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
Frantiac

Post by Frantiac »

Thanks Ian but I can't find a way of getting send tracks into a submix track. Audio tracks yes but it's specifically send tracks that I'd like to hide as I don't need to access them at all once they're set up.
Focusrite Scarlett SOLO 3rd Gen --> Intel i3-9100, 8 GB RAM --> Windows 10 Pro --> Mixcraft 10.5 Pro Studio
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

Frantiac wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:34 am Thanks Ian but I can't find a way of getting send tracks into a submix track. Audio tracks yes but it's specifically send tracks that I'd like to hide as I don't need to access them at all once they're set up.
No, send tracks can't be placed in a submix track at this time.
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 32 gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite Solo; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
Frantiac

Post by Frantiac »

Hiding tracks would be ideal but if it's too complicated then maybe something simple like folder tracks could be added? Simple folders for putting tracks in, i.e. space-saving cupboards.
Focusrite Scarlett SOLO 3rd Gen --> Intel i3-9100, 8 GB RAM --> Windows 10 Pro --> Mixcraft 10.5 Pro Studio
ppayne

Post by ppayne »

A filter for only used notes in the piano roll would be very helpful
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

ppayne wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:38 am A filter for only used notes in the piano roll would be very helpful
Step Editor?
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member

ppayne

Post by ppayne »

TrevsAudio wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:24 am
ppayne wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:38 am A filter for only used notes in the piano roll would be very helpful
Step Editor?
I'm currently using that too. However, you cannot make any fine adjustments there with Shift

Some time ago I told the developers that Shift doesn't work for precise adjustment in the step editor. The answer was that you don't need it there because it's the step editor. In my opinion Shift makes definitely sense there. But If that doesn't come into the step editor, then you would need a filter in the piano roll. Both would lead to the goal. So fine adjustments in the step editor or a filter for used nodes in the piano roll.
Last edited by ppayne on Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

Ah, gotcha!
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member

TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

Dunno if this topic is even monitored anymore? It seemed to have disappeared at one stage.

But my two main frustrations at the moment are to do with hotkeys.

1. PLEASE can we have a way to create a shortcut to toggle 'Prefs>Interface>Auto rewind to start'? It's currently a 3 step process and something I use a lot when zoomed in and doing fine editing.

2. Right clicking Pan. We just have 'set exact pan', and former versions (9 downwards) also had a choice of 25,50,75 and 100% - left or right. A useful feature, I found.
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member

ppayne

Post by ppayne »

TrevsAudio wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:04 pm 1. PLEASE can we have a way to create a shortcut to toggle 'Prefs>Interface>Auto rewind to start'? It's currently a 3 step process and something I use a lot when zoomed in and doing fine editing.
I agree, I really need that too. You have to be able to switch between stop for editing and rewind. I already suggested a year ago that you can do it as intuitively as in other DAWs when 'Auto rewind to start' is off and you use MCU.

Single stop click: playback stop and the play head stays where it is so that you can edit something. That is currently the case.

Double stop press: the play head jumps to loop start.

Triple stop press: the play head jumps to the song start or position 0.

Sounds like we have the same requirement. S1 does it exactly this way, for example. This is super intuitive. Then the option would no longer be necessary.
hpharley90

Post by hpharley90 »

TrevsAudio wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:04 pm Dunno if this topic is even monitored anymore? It seemed to have disappeared at one stage.

But my two main frustrations at the moment are to do with hotkeys.

1. PLEASE can we have a way to create a shortcut to toggle 'Prefs>Interface>Auto rewind to start'? It's currently a 3 step process and something I use a lot when zoomed in and doing fine editing.

2. Right clicking Pan. We just have 'set exact pan', and former versions (9 downwards) also had a choice of 25,50,75 and 100% - left or right. A useful feature, I found.
I have a thread I started as soon as I had 10 installed and saw how the pan menu changed for the worse.
https://forums.acoustica.com/viewtopic. ... 16#p149616
i'm always using pan and its more of a task than easier.my thread did not go far.
10.5 Pro studio build 596
Dell XPS i7-10700 2.9Ghz
48 GB RAM
Windows 10
hpharley90

Post by hpharley90 »

Besides the panning option in above post I wish when I hide "mixer panel preference menu" it stays hidden. When I hide menu, save and close project then reopen project the panel reopens and my VST'S that I had saved open are a mess now. And when I hide menu to reposition my VST'S they end up closing and I have to reopen.
10.5 Pro studio build 596
Dell XPS i7-10700 2.9Ghz
48 GB RAM
Windows 10
BagObolts

Post by BagObolts »

Optional sounds/ tones for metronome: drumsticks, triangle or shaker?
A-B button for punch in and out?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

BagObolts wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:06 am Optional sounds/ tones for metronome: drumsticks, triangle or shaker?
You can go into metronome preferences and choose whatever sounds you want. Wav or ogg files would be best.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
PowerChord

Post by PowerChord »

This is a long list, dating back years. I suppose it wasn't curated in any way over time to gather up at least the most-wanteds?

Anyway, at the risk of suggesting something that was suggested before but I haven't read because reading 126 pages is a little over my time budget - I recently saw Studio One (I believe) and it displays the currently played chord (and possibly note) on the currently selected instrument track on the Play button.

Doesn't have to be the play button of course, there's more screen estate around. In Cakewalk I had to use a (Cakewalk-only) plugin to display this but it's a really lovely thing to have in the IDE itself.