Recording multioutput tracks individually

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Passionpasi

Recording multioutput tracks individually

Post by Passionpasi »

Hi, anyone succeeded to route midi and record as in manual?
Attachments
Screenshot_20240304_095903_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Screenshot_20240304_095903_Adobe Acrobat.jpg (369.94 KiB) Viewed 397 times
10.5 Pro 596, Win 11, Focusrite solo 4th gen
cactus-head

Re: Recording multioutput tracks individually

Post by cactus-head »

Yes.

The description above is a little more complex than what I describe below; but similar.

For multiple individual tracks NOT under the same multi-vst, set the input source for each track to the same source, but assign a specific MIDI channel to each track as you arm it. Since you can arm multiple tracks at once, you can record on all of them at once.

As far as using a multi instrument vst, you record all MIDI channels on the main track. The sub-tracks below it are the audio outputs only. You do not record midi clips on these individual subtracks.

On the main track you can combine all of the midi channel outputs in one clip or you can add individual lanes on the main track assigned to specific MIDI channels and record a clip on each lane.

The method you posted above is similar to my use of lanes on a single track. You would still record all of the MIDI information and channels on 1 track within the same lane but on the instrument setup, you would add a route to track instrument set to it's own MIDI channel and send them to the track the MULTI-instrument is on .
Passionpasi

Post by Passionpasi »

I tried it with addictive drums 2, kontakt 7 player and omnisampler 8 out, but cannot make it...i can do those output childtracks with each one and get signal on them, but cannot route and record to individual channels. Could you do example as video or other way...

I can do example 1, route to track as midi router, ive tried midi source option, i know how to record midi to midi and audio, but this example 2, cannot make. Ive tried many times.
Passionpasi

Post by Passionpasi »

Now i have set up easiest way to try i can imagine. Added studio drum clip using only kick and snare, kick goes to channel 2 and snare to channel 3. Then i added 2 instrument tracks named kick and snare, but what ever i try i cannot record them on to those tracks.
Passionpasi

Post by Passionpasi »

This is only way i know how to record each channel to own track. Track 3.2: Kick drum channel 2 and Snare channel 3.
Cannot get it happen by route to track way...

Midi recording by channel.jpg
Midi recording by channel.jpg (741.87 KiB) Viewed 316 times
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Instead of recording the individual outputs, you could mix them down to stems. (File Menu > Mix Down to Stems.)

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101