Changing PC

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Freerskier

Re: Changing PC

Post by Freerskier »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:19 am Hi,

Those are third-party instruments, they are not part of Mixcraft. You need to install them separately. Did you install Komplete Kontrol using the Native Access app? Do you have the Native Access app installed on your computer? Run it and see what it says about Komplete Kontrol.

Greg
Greg - yep, NI is separate for sure. Komplete Kontrol works fine as a VST within mixcraft on my Tower PC. On mx9 on the new laptop all NI components installed as a fresh install. Komplete Kontrol and Native access. All libraries up to date. Mixcraft can see Komplete Kontrol in the list of instruments/as a vsti and, as I mentioned earlier satand alone synts appear too, but I get the stated error message. Ive added all possible file locations of vsts via preferences.
Freerskier

Post by Freerskier »

So, start completely from scratch again is what you are saying? Could I install in parallel to the existing installation or would I need to unistall first?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

HI,

Just install right over the existing Mixcraft 9 installation, but choose the option to install the legacy plugins during installation.

In regard to the other problem, please send in your log file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\

Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Freerskier

Post by Freerskier »

cactus-head wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:49 pm If you bought a laptop, my assumption would be that windows was already preinstalled on it. As I this was stated earlier: you can't just copy over files to the new computer and expect everything to work. Unless you initially started by cloning your original computer onto the new computer, you have to reinstall everything. That means everything that was previously installed that you want to use will have to be reinstalled using the tolls that install that software.
Thanks and yes = everything re-installed from scratch mx9, native instruments etc.
Freerskier

Post by Freerskier »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:56 pm HI,

Just install right over the existing Mixcraft 9 installation, but choose the option to install the legacy plugins during installation.

In regard to the other problem, please send in your log file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\

Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Would all the other settings I've done relating to our conversations about vsts etc. be retained or removed/overwritten?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

All your settings would be retained.

Greg
Freerskier

Post by Freerskier »

HI - So I opened 1) mixcraft then a song that cannot find Komplete Kontrol 2) copied the log file to a support ticket. Is that the correct sequence?
Freerskier

Post by Freerskier »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:32 am Hi,

All your settings would be retained.

Greg
Its been a while - I went through the entire Re-download v2.9.6 of Komplete Kontrol, moving .dlls around and renaming files as well all per NI's community forum advice. Still doesnt work so I am giving up as this is not a musical process but one that has wrecked my songs.

Also, where do I re-download V9 of Mixcraft - cant find it on the web-site.

Thanks.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Greg
Freerskier

Post by Freerskier »

Currently not possible as when I originally bought mixcraft - possibly version 5 - I used an email address to set up my account that now does not exist. So, how do we change that?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Freerskier wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:49 pm Currently not possible as when I originally bought mixcraft - possibly version 5 - I used an email address to set up my account that now does not exist. So, how do we change that?
Hi,

In order to protect your privacy, please contact support directly for those kinds of things: https://acoustica.kayako.com/conversation/new

Greg
Freerskier

Post by Freerskier »

Looks like I fixed it - a third email address was involves that was the one.