Mixcraft, and how it compares to other DAWs

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

sheilariddell

Mixcraft, and how it compares to other DAWs

Post by sheilariddell »

Spam deleted.
TrevsAudio

Re: Mixcraft, and how it compares to other DAWs

Post by TrevsAudio »

Hi and welcome to the forums.

I'll get the ball rolling with some unpopular news. All DAW's do exactly the same thing. Because they're digital, they just crunch one's and zero's.

So it all comes down to workflow and ease of operation; something you've already referred to. Further, I think Mixcraft comes better equipped than most others with added features, like plugins and virtual instruments.

Yes, of course there's a lot of 'hype' out there about the 'big' brands and 'industry standards'. Mixcraft is a small company by comparison, but that does not make their product inferior to others. And besides, help and technical support is second to none.

It's a great 'sit down and make some music' DAW. :D
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 32 gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite Solo; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
ppayne

Post by ppayne »

Welcome to the forum,

I think there are various reasons. Which could be ranked by priority.

1. In my opinion, you need really aggressive marketing to get noticed these days. I think that's a little missing from Mixcraft. But things are slowly getting better. To get new users, you have to stand out. Especially because old, long-standing DAWs have a lot of forums, tests and discussions online. But at the end it's all old stuff from the past.

2. Many DAWs come from the past, many users have been using them for decades and have settled on them with workflow, hardware, etc. In order to get a user to switch, you need very good USPs. Mixcraft has some like UX, performance, the team itself. The first choice for users who are looking for exactly that. But I could imagine a few USPs that could also inspire users of other DAWs. USPs also support marketing under point 1.

3. Due to the size of Acoustica's team, there were still some missing features in the comparison before Mixcraft 9. From that perspective, I thought it was right to stay a little under the radar. With Mixcraft 10 the guys have caught up very well. Mixcraft 10 ist really good I think. I would never switch back to Logic or Cubase. For me, Mixcraft is currently the best DAW. I previously used Logic, Cubase and Samplitude. I currently still own Reaper, but I don't use it anymore. That says it all :mrgreen:

I see a few more things there, but the Mixcraft guys probably see them too and these are not the reason for the missing visibility on the market. You don't miss anything with Mixcraft 10 and you get the perfect workflow. Anyone who has ever used Mixcraft definitely doesn't want to use the other daws anymore.

An interesting question is whether you really want to grow so aggressively or whether you prefer to grow sustainably and slowly. Maybe this is the reason why Mixcraft, the team and the community is currently so great.

But that's all just my opinion :D

Patrick
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

Great answers, guys!

I too have tried the more "popular" DAWs. Always come back to Mixcraft. Sure it may have some workflow issues that don't jibe with mine, but that's part of being human. Overall, I don't have to think twice about how to proceed.

I think the other, seemingly more complex DAWs take so much time to learn that users don't want to veer from them after so much time and mental energy was invested. Or they are more technically proficient and they are very comfortable with them. There's simply no need to change. And there may also be some "digital snobbery" going on. "Oh, you drive a Hyundai? I drive a Lexus (Or some other fancy shmancy car)." :roll: I say, whatever gets you to the store and back is alright with me.

Just my 2 cents.

J
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

This was spam. It was copied verbatim from year-old posts on Reddit.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
ppayne

Post by ppayne »

Whoever posted this spam really wants to buy Mixcraft now. He didn't expect that :mrgreen:
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

ppayne wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:06 am Whoever posted this spam really wants to buy Mixcraft now. He didn't expect that :mrgreen:
:lol:
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

ppayne wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:06 am Whoever posted this spam really wants to buy Mixcraft now. He didn't expect that :mrgreen:
Nope - I hope he goes for the monthly subscription to Pro Fools. :lol:
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 32 gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite Solo; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

I knew Spam lasted forever. There's your proof.