Presets yet not connected to several VST3

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

faloprati

Presets yet not connected to several VST3

Post by faloprati »

Hi,

With all due respect, I must say that it is a shame that Mixcraft 10 cannot open the presets of a large number of VST3 plugins that do not have them within the GUI. The case of Brainworx's VST3 plugins is the best known. But there are many more...

I just did a search on this forum and found that in 2017, seven years ago, I came here to ask for the problem to be resolved and I noticed that Acoustica still doesn't seem to understand the problem. When the presets are not included in the plugin's GUI, it is up to the DAW to display them in its drop menu, just as it does with those in VST2.

Thus, Mixcraft will not get the recognition it deserves for many of its other qualities and will continue to be omitted from the list of "main DAWS". Here is a new request for you to resolve this problem.

Thank you and best regards.
Guaresneider

Re: Presets yet not connected to several VST3

Post by Guaresneider »

I share your pain, but think, how many like you want that? Dev can't make every single user who uses Mixcraft happy. Do you know the complexity of programming a DAW? I like the feature you mention but there are many other feature requests that are on the table first, surely. Craig will be able to answer you better than me, cheers!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Thanks again for the suggestion!

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hello again,

We do try to load VST3 presets if they are made available to Mixcraft. Do the VST3 plugins with this problem, like Brainworx in particular, have presets that show up in other DAWs?

Greg
Attachments
Bass Slapper VST3 presets
Bass Slapper VST3 presets
bassslapperVST3presetsMX10.png (77.86 KiB) Viewed 223 times
faloprati

Post by faloprati »

Yes, Greg. For example, Cubase or Reaper can do it and PreSonus Studio One can import them (format *.vstpresets).
The presets have been, until recently, in %Documents\VST3 Presets\Plugin Alliance and now they are in %Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Plugin Alliance, available for the DAWs.

In the case of your image of a Waves plugin, the presets are integrated in the GUI and that isn't the issue. Waves comes in shells and it does all. However, as you know, many top VST3 plugins don't integrate the presets in the GUI but make them available to the DAW management. And Mixcraft can't do it, neither IMPORT them, as Studio One does. See this video, for ex.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw1wDYHe4Eo

Best regards.
Frantiac

Post by Frantiac »

It's a while ago now but I remember having that exact problem with Plugin Alliance stuff which I solved by downloading the relevant VST3 presets here: https://support.plugin-alliance.com/hc/ ... re-missing
Focusrite Scarlett SOLO 3rd Gen --> Intel i3-9100, 8 GB RAM --> Windows 10 Pro --> Mixcraft 10.5 Pro Studio
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Okay, thanks for those further comments. I added them to the feature request.

Greg