Playback fades and looses all quality in second or two

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

packaloon

Playback fades and looses all quality in second or two

Post by packaloon »

I took some great advice and got my mic very sensitive. Got a lot of hiss. Turned on noise suppression, lost hiss but now as soon as I hit the playback button It starts out perfectly then fades in volume and looses all quality.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Does the problem occur without the noise suppression turned on? What noise suppression are you using? Are you using Mixcraft 4.1 build 104?

Greg
packaloon

Post by packaloon »

Thanks a million for responding so quickly. Yes the hiss is there as soon as I check the "boost" box. The computer hisses even with no program running and a lot worse with the mic unplugged. The noise suppression is in AC97 audio configuration. When I turn it on it does not stop the hiss. I was mistaken about that. Yes, using Mixcraft 4.1 build 104. Normal procedure is to record with high input and back off volume for playback. Mine is working exactly opposite to that. The higher I record the more the hiss. Something else while I'm at it. The track volumn is working to record but has no affect on output making it impossible to mix levels. Sorry to be such a bother but I love this program and feel like I am getting awfully close to having it tweeked. Thanks again.
Something else I forgot to mention is that when I go to windows volume control and check the mute box it stops the hiss from the speakers but I still have it on my tracks. Everytime I add a track it adds another hiss. I could live with one small one but the time I make several tracks the hiss is much more than acceptable.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

When you click "arm" on a track, click the small down arrow next to it and make sure to specifically choose "microphone" as the arm device.

Also make sure that "arm" is NOT selected on any track accept the one you are recording on.

When you play back, unarm all tracks before attempting to raise/lower volume levels per track.

If the volume slider still has no effect, you might need to go get the latest sound card driver from your computer manufacturers web site.
packaloon

Post by packaloon »

Thanks tons again. Dearming all tracks before mix down re-inabled the mix volume. Am just trying to experiment with hiss. I'll quit taking up your time but if you think of anything that might help later please let me know.
thanks