Audio Engine Inactive

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Yellowcake

Audio Engine Inactive

Post by Yellowcake »

So here's the problem.

I use EZDrummer 3 for my drums mainly, but occasionally Addictive Drums. I like to program my beats from within the software and build up drum tracks that way.

Often I just use EZDrummer's extensive MIDI pattern library to jam along to if I'm fleshing out a song for example. So I'll select a pattern of choice and then either play it directly from the pattern library or drag the pattern into EZD3's song creator and play it from there. So far so good. The drum pattern plays on a continuous loop - as it should - outside of Mixcraft.

Things go pear-shaped when I open another virtual instrument track in Mixcraft however - a piano or synth for example. Just doing this (not even playing the newly added instrument) interrupts the drum pattern in EZD3 and causes an 'Audio Engine Inactive' error. The drum pattern stops and just hangs. I then have to restart it - but it keeps stopping ad infinitum. The EZD3 drum track never actually completes - because something interrupts it every time - but ONLY if I have another virtual instrument present in a different Mixcraft track. If I don't add another track, it all works fine.

This is a dealbreaker for me so I really hope someone can shed some light on this. It's not exclusive to EZDrummer - the same thing happens on Addictive Drums - and importantly, it DOESN'T happen in Reaper (which I dowloaded to test this).

Thanks for any help you can give me. I'll post this on the Facebook group as well. Many thanks.

Dave
ppayne

Re: Audio Engine Inactive

Post by ppayne »

I work exactly the same way with EZD3. I'll test that out asap. That would definitely be a problem for me too :shock:

Edit:

Everything seems to work for me without any problems. Doesn't seem like a general problem. But I use EZD3 inside Mixcraft and not outside as you described.
Yellowcake

Post by Yellowcake »

No not outside Mixcraft - as a VST inside. Sorry that's probably a bit ambiguous. When I said outside, I meant I'm not dragging drum tracks into Mixcraft. All my drum editing is done inside EZD3 - but as a VST.
hpharley90

Post by hpharley90 »

I use superior drummer 3 so I just opened 2 instrument tracks and made SD3 the instrument on both tracks.
I right click track "change instrument button" on each track to show VST's. I have follow host button depressed on both VST's.
I click MC10.5 play button to play guitar tracks and both SD3 follow along perfect.
No issues.

If you have mute button depressed on track, VST will show "audio engine inactive"
10.5 Pro studio build 596
Dell XPS i7-10700 2.9Ghz
48 GB RAM
Windows 10