Evolving the Metronome Functionality

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

rockisland580

Evolving the Metronome Functionality

Post by rockisland580 »

Hey Mixcraft community.

I have been using since Mixcraft 4 when I was maybe 12-13 years old, and I'm 28 now.
I absolutely love it.
The evolutions over the years has been awesome, kudos to the Mixcraft team.

I'm using the Apollo X4 for my audio interface. It's solved all my latency issues when I was previously using a Focusrite 2i2 and 4i4.

I have figured out how to send the click track to the drummer only while not having click in the general mix.
It's a lot of buttons, and would be neat if there was a better way to do it. Maybe having the Output bus settings more accessible or advancing the functionality of the metronome features.

The way I'm doing it:
1- in UAD X4 console, set the CUE outputs to HP1 and HP2.
2- in Mixcraft, create a new send track. I named it MixSend. Add this send to all of the tracks you want the drummer to hear. I set the send level to 1:1 basically)
3- in Mix10, create an audio track and add the Metronome Sounds from Mixcraft from their file location in Program Files. Create a loop that matches the signature and tempo of the song. ("Use Project Tempo"). I did an audio loop...someone might know how to make the loop a VST instrument which could help.
4- in Mix10, create an Output Bus. I named it Headphone Mix.
----because I'm using UAD X4, I'm setting the Output Bus's output setting to the CUE-1/2 channel.
5- in Mix10, make the Metronome Track (click) and the MixSend (mix) output to the Headphone Mix (output bus).

Booyaw.

Now it sounds like it's just 5 easy steps, and it basically is. But to do this retroactively, or even proactively on any new project is a bit of a hassle.
It would be ideal if the Metronome in Mixcraft was it's own Audio Track in the Mixcraft Mixer that had the ability to have multiple output channels. That would simplify so much. If I changed the time signature or tempo mid song, having to change the loop of the metronome wouldn't be the most efficient process.
I've just create a Mixcraft Template with these settings preset, and all my other favorite settings, so that will help going forward.

If anyone has a better idea on this topic, let me know.

PS-
I have the ASUS ProArt Z790 Creator-WIFI mobo, thunderbolting to my UAD X4. All Solidstate drivers, etc.
It's made a huge difference. I can load my really large projects with unfreezed tracks at low latency and have minimal issues.

Looking forward to this new update.

Cheers!

Rock Island
EP