Request native support for MIDI controllers here.

Use this forum to discuss preamps, guitars, microphones, mixers, drums, turntables, keyboards and recording equipment in general.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Gasparius

Re: Request native support for MIDI controllers here.

Post by Gasparius »

I saw the topic somewhere not long ago.....has NKS support been added to Mixcraft yet? I am asking about the Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol keyboards. That would be great. If it hasn't happened yet, when is it expected? I'm about to buy a Komplete Kontrol keyboard and I don't want to leave Mixcraft because of it. I hope there is a solution.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Mixcraft 10 added a new scripting option so that people with Javascript skills could add support for interfaces. We're slowly added more supported devices as we get our hands on them, but people with programming skills outside the company could also add support for interfaces they own.

We don't have any immediate plans to add NKS support, but you can certainly use Komplete Kontrol keyboards with Mixcraft by using MIDI learn. Lots of people do.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Gasparius

Post by Gasparius »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:56 am Hi,

Mixcraft 10 added a new scripting option so that people with Javascript skills could add support for interfaces. We're slowly added more supported devices as we get our hands on them, but people with programming skills outside the company could also add support for interfaces they own.

We don't have any immediate plans to add NKS support, but you can certainly use Komplete Kontrol keyboards with Mixcraft by using MIDI learn. Lots of people do.

Greg
Maybe in the distant future? About a year from now? In fact, it would be much easier to work with it.---- And since it's quite an expensive keyboard, if I get it, I can't ignore its best and most useful things, so I'll be forced to switch from Mixcraft to another DAW. But I don't want that because I love it so much.
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

As Greg mentioned, the controller is able to be programmed via midi learn in MC. It's not difficult and will allow you to customize settings as you see fit.

M
Gasparius

Post by Gasparius »

Rolling Estonian wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:05 am As Greg mentioned, the controller is able to be programmed via midi learn in MC. It's not difficult and will allow you to customize settings as you see fit.

M
Unfortunately we all know it's not the same... because it's a different thing when you don't have to spend time MIDI learning, but everything is immediately available on the controller. This is decisive for both editing and live music. But I hope so...and I'm waiting for the good news from Acoustica.
ppayne

Post by ppayne »

I also need NKS support. Not the most important thing for me but it would be useful. My s61 keyboard cannot learn the transport controller knobs via midi because some knobs simply do not send midi information. Only works via NKS I think. Learning MIDI is therefore not a solution.
JimBass72

Post by JimBass72 »

Hello Greg,
is there a script for the Akai Apc mini mk2, and if so how can I get it?
The other scripts show signs of life, but the buttons for my performance panel are not in the right places and the main functions of the device(solo, record arm, drum mode, etc...) don't work. Also, no RGB lights, just a faint red light on all clips.
I would really like to use this with Mixcraft even though it's made for Ableton. I'm not currently an Ableton user.
Thanks.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Any new scripts we add will automatically show up in Control Surface preferences via Mixcraft updates. We don't have one for the Akai APC MINI Mk2, but there's one in there for the APC Mini. Did you try that one?

Greg
JimBass72

Post by JimBass72 »

Hi,
yes, I tried all three. The APC mini(vertical) is closest to working, but the lighting if the clips is just one color, red. And, the first row of the 8 x 8 grid launces sets, not clips(meaning that the alignment of the buttons vs the PP clips is wrong). Also, none of the shift functions work except for note mode, but if I leave note mode, all of the lights go out. The 3rd option (APC mini with 90CW with faders) is turned 90 degrees to the left( like Abelton's session view) but I need it to follow Mixcraft's configuration, where the tracks go from left to right, not up to down. Also, with this option, the same thing happens: no RGB lights, only red, and no other functionality.

thanks, Jim
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi all,

We've added scripts for the nanoKontrol Studio and the Novation XL controllers. Check for updates, then restart Mixcraft and look in Control Surface preferences to find them.

Greg
daveyj67

Post by daveyj67 »

Hi

If anyone could do a script for the Akai APC Key 25, that would be fantastic. I've tried myself but it's beyond my abilities :(

Thanks

daveyj67
Pookin

Post by Pookin »

I have some of the script working for the Launchpad X but I can’t figure out how to switch between the session/mixer modes. If anyone is able to figure that out it’d be great.

Novation Launchpad X :D
Acoustica Danny
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Danny »

Pookin wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:36 pm I have some of the script working for the Launchpad X but I can’t figure out how to switch between the session/mixer modes. If anyone is able to figure that out it’d be great.

Novation Launchpad X :D
Hi Pookin! Do you mean a script you have written using the scripting API or an existing script? Presently, there is no custom integration for the Launchpad X, but is being worked on presently.
DrDavy

Post by DrDavy »

Good afternoon,

I'm not 'Mister Programming', could I please ask Acoustica or some other kind soul to write a control script for the Novation FLKey? A 49er, if possible, but I suppose one should support the keyboard's various guises!

Thank you for your time and attention.

Anon,
Davy.