Project does not stop at end.

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Ray Cube

Project does not stop at end.

Post by Ray Cube »

Mixcraft Pro Studio 10.

Hi.

I've just been working on my first complete from scratch project in Mixcraft 10 and unless I have set it to loop mode the project playback just keeps going. There is a start marker but apparently no end marker. I tried to create one to no avail. I know project playback normally stops some time after the last note but this will keep playing as long as I keep the cursor running.

Ray.
MixCraft No end marker.jpg
MixCraft No end marker.jpg (621.07 KiB) Viewed 203 times
Mixcraft 9 Recording Studio.
Mixcraft 10 Pro.
Windows 10 Enterprise.
I9-900K. nvidia 3060 12GB. 64GB ram. 2 Samsung 28" monitors. Axiom Mini Air 32.
Tannoy Reveal speakers plus Tannoy 15" 250 watt sub. N.A.D and Cambridge Audio Amplification.
hpharley90

Re: Project does not stop at end.

Post by hpharley90 »

Are you sure there is nothing on any track past where they end.
Maybe a small piece ?
10.5 Pro studio build 596
Dell XPS i7-10700 2.9Ghz
48 GB RAM
Windows 10
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If there's no orphan clip way off to the right, then you're running into an effect tail. Effect tails occur as the audio drifts off into imperceptibility. There's also the fact that plugins don't notify Mixcraft exactly when they are done producing sound.

For mix downs, drag a selection in the timeline across the entire project, then choose the Use Selection option when you go to mix down.

Greg
Use Selection
Use Selection
useselectionMX10.png (62.4 KiB) Viewed 197 times
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Ray Cube

Post by Ray Cube »

Hi Greg.
No there are no additional files beyond the end of the project.

Yes, using the loop mode is what I have been doing for exporting and I do have instances of Galactic Reverb on two send channels which I fade out on the channel volumes which seemed to have worked in the past, but even then combining that with dropping the master bus to zero after there and there is no readable amount of reverb present in the project or external to it in Windows and it still doesn't stop. Lowering the faders always seemed to work in the past. I understand that although the project at that point may not allow sound out of the program that the reverb in theory could still be producing sound but I have let the project play for over half an hour and still it goes on. Is there no way of putting a manual stop marker at the end?
Out of curiosity I took all reverbs off line in the mix and it is still not stopping. I would normally use the loop mode for export anyway but just found that odd. My Mixcraft 9 projects with reverb used the same way work fine in 10.
Maybe if I added a still image at the end on a video track or added a gate to the reverb?

If I find a cure I will report back.
Ray.
Mixcraft 9 Recording Studio.
Mixcraft 10 Pro.
Windows 10 Enterprise.
I9-900K. nvidia 3060 12GB. 64GB ram. 2 Samsung 28" monitors. Axiom Mini Air 32.
Tannoy Reveal speakers plus Tannoy 15" 250 watt sub. N.A.D and Cambridge Audio Amplification.