Mixcraft 9 (64 bit) / Melodyne Loading Issue

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

hanky23

Mixcraft 9 (64 bit) / Melodyne Loading Issue

Post by hanky23 »

Hi,

Just today I have attempted to load up Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (the very last build before v10) and it won't load. The splash screen pops up, initializes with plugins but stops at Melodyne and then the splash box disappears and it won't load. I loaded up the 32 bit version of Mixcraft to test and it works fine. Only difference I can see is that on the 32 bit version it doesn't have the Melodyne plugin.

I went to the Melodyne website to check the plugin is ok/up to date, and their website is down for maintenance. Does the Melodyne plugin somehow verify/connect to the Celemony website? And if it cannot, is this what's stopping Mixcraft from booting up?
Acrilix

Re: Mixcraft 9 (64 bit) / Melodyne Loading Issue

Post by Acrilix »

My Mixcraft 9 Pro (64) has exactly the same issue. Was working fine earlier today. Haven't tested the 32 bit version yet.
hanky23

Post by hanky23 »

32 bit seems to be ok (as mine doesn't have the Melodyne plugin on this version). My 64 bit version was also working ok earlier today, tried it like an hour later and refusing to boot up.

I think it's odd that the Celemony site is down, so it could be linked to that?
hanky23

Post by hanky23 »

Hold your horses. Mine has just worked! Went back to the Celemony website and that's also back up.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I can access the Celemony web page and also use Melodyne in Mixcraft 9 right now.

If you don't have Mixcraft 9 build 470, log into your account at store.acoustica.com to download and install it from the instructions in your library.

If the problem is happening with build 470, which version of Melodyne do you have installed. Mixcraft 9 comes with Melodyne 4 Essential. Did you ever upgrade it to Melodyne 5 Essential? If not, they did fix some crashes that were in 4.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Acrilix

Post by Acrilix »

I'm already on build 470 and mine is now working too.

This is going to be a major problem if Melodyne website goes down for a long period!!!
Is there a way to boot Mixcraft without Melodyne (without uninstalling it or risking causing more issues)?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It shouldn't be a problem, and it hasn't been in the past. If Melodyne can't activate, Mixcraft will just start. Mixcraft doesn't have to wait for Melodyne to activate.

Greg
Acrilix

Post by Acrilix »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:12 am Hi,

It shouldn't be a problem, and it hasn't been in the past. If Melodyne can't activate, Mixcraft will just start. Mixcraft doesn't have to wait for Melodyne to activate.

Greg
Well it was a problem for a few minutes today as this thread has proved, and Mixcraft simply closed down instead of starting when it tried to initialise Melodyne.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Let us know if it keeps happening! Send us your log file if it does.

Greg