Many crashes

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

joss

Many crashes

Post by joss »

In this 10 pro version I am experiencing many crashes, too many.
I'm looking for the plugin that could be causing the problem but so far I haven't found it yet.
I wanted to ask if the same thing is happening to all users or is it just me?
In version 9 Mixcraft was practically indestructible and I bragged about it to everyone who doesn't use it. :?
Sorry for the translation, it may create some confusion.
I also apologize if it took me a while to respond, there is a time difference in the country where I live and it could coincide at night.
ppayne

Re: Many crashes

Post by ppayne »

I haven't had any crashes so far. The only thing that doesn't work properly for me is Bounce to Track with the plugin Synthesizer V in latest version 1.11, but that is a special plugin and I opened a support request for that.

Otherwise everything works fine for me in MC 10.5.

I primarily use plugins from

Toontrack, MusicLabs, Sonible (OpenGL off) , Toneboosters v4, Korg, Devious Machines, CableGuys, Bluecat, AmpleSound, Tracktion, Cherry Audio, Native Instruments (all incl. Kontakt 7 with various libraries), Dreamtonics, XLN Audio (OpenGL off) .

It shouldn't be these manufacturer's if it crashes.

Patrick
Last edited by ppayne on Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:35 am, edited 8 times in total.
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

Have you submitted your log file?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

With Mixcraft 10, you can go into General preferences, click Upload Log Files, and then let us know that they are uploaded so we can check them out.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

I wonder if it has to do with graphics cards or drivers. There have been a few posts on the forums with crashing. Could it be a specific graphics card and scale setting? Is it the dark theme vs the light theme? Is it the scale in MC (anything other than 100%)? Are these multiple display monitor setups? Is the refresh rate of the multiple monitors the same? Are the debug features of Mixcraft on or off? Is the MIDI setup correctly - no MIDI feedback in unintentional looping back?

I still have yet to update to 10.5 so I don't know if that is the main factor. At any rate, I've run MC 10.1 in Linux using wine without any crashes - except when it comes to certain VSTs that have certain graphics dependencies or require some kind of license check software - so for me it doesn't seem like MC 10 is the source of the crash.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Mixcraft 10 seems to be working out pretty well crash-wise for most people. Keep in mind that it's only those who have issues that tend to post on these forums.

I don't know of any graphics-related crashing issues. Graphics issues are usually scaling or display issues. The crashes have been mostly plugin-related, and maybe some audio driver related ones.

Greg
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

For example, some or all of the Landr plugins are having crashing problems. We've reported it to them, and if any customers are running into this in Mixcraft, you should report it to them as well.
joss

Post by joss »

Okay
Since it is not a Mixcraft problem, I will investigate a little more and if not I will send the log file.
Thank you very much to all. :D
I also apologize if it took me a while to respond, there is a time difference in the country where I live and it could coincide at night.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

HI,

Just a note: if anybody does end up crashing in Mixcraft 10, and it offers you an option to upload your log files, please do so. We've been looking through these auto-crash reports and we're fixing what we can fix on our side for a future update.

Greg
joss

Post by joss »

I don't know if I need to notify here that I have uploaded the log files.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I think you may be using a different address for your Mixcraft login email than you are for these user forums. Did you write that Mixcraft closed when you clicked on new project?

Greg
joss

Post by joss »

Yes something like that
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It looks like TR5 Classic EQ crashed multiple times. Does the problem happen if you don't use that plugin?

Greg
joss

Post by joss »

I don't quite remember why the issue of two different emails occurred.

I think I made the purchase of Mixcraft with an email that I had before for purchases and I opened this for the forums.
Can I do something to change that so there is no more confusion?
joss

Post by joss »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:27 pm Hi,

It looks like TR5 Classic EQ crashed multiple times. Does the problem happen if you don't use that plugin?

Greg
Yes, I think so, because today I thought I had actually located the problem with the TR5 and one of the times with the plugin deactivated the error also occurred but I have to say that I have only deactivated it, I have not removed it from Mixcraft