Reel to Reel?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

kr236rk

Reel to Reel?

Post by kr236rk »

Hi :)

Does anyone use reel-to-reel in their Mixcraft projects please?
Ric

M-Audio USB interface, MC8, MC10, Yamahas 102c analogue mixer, Windows 10 QuadCore [upgrade], USB EWI, Alesis Q25 Midi keyboard, stomp boxes, drum pads, guitars, dynamic mic, condenser mic

http://www.reverbnation.com/rickemper
Acoustica Greg

Re: Reel to Reel?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Actual reel to reel audio, or a plugin called Reel to Reel?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
kr236rk

Post by kr236rk »

Thanks, reel-to-reel 4 track, actual tape.

Am nostalgist for the late 60's :mrgreen:

Probably better to stick to the nostalgia than go in for the hardware though - which could be quite a headache, for minimal creative returns?
Ric

M-Audio USB interface, MC8, MC10, Yamahas 102c analogue mixer, Windows 10 QuadCore [upgrade], USB EWI, Alesis Q25 Midi keyboard, stomp boxes, drum pads, guitars, dynamic mic, condenser mic

http://www.reverbnation.com/rickemper
Ray Cube

Post by Ray Cube »

I have a half track 7.5 / 15 ips Revox A77 with remote (cable) that I've had since 74 and had refurbished twice and it's in reasonable nick but I don't use it with a daw.
10" reels were always expensive but at around £84 for a new 10" reel that I will have to re-bias the machine to use it is getting more trouble than it's worth. I don't trust refurbished tapes as once the oxide has started shedding I'm not sure how they go about doing more than stabilize what's left. The only thing I would use two tape machines for is for the phasing you can get between using two machines, one with a variable speed control. I've never really heard that reproduced well just using a daw. Done well with cans on it feels like your head is being squeezed and released. Think Itchycoo Park.

Ray.
Mixcraft 9 Recording Studio.
Mixcraft 10 Pro.
Windows 10 Enterprise.
I9-900K. nvidia 3060 12GB. 64GB ram. 2 Samsung 28" monitors. Axiom Mini Air 32.
Tannoy Reveal speakers plus Tannoy 15" 250 watt sub. N.A.D and Cambridge Audio Amplification.