Global Note Velocity Sensitivity (Setting velocity to 127 regardless of MIDI input value)?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

JonLinMusic

Global Note Velocity Sensitivity (Setting velocity to 127 regardless of MIDI input value)?

Post by JonLinMusic »

Hi there,

This might be an odd request, but I would be very grateful if someone knows how I can get around this issue.

I recently bought a Novation Launchkey Mini MK3 to be used by a "behind the stage" keyboard player during an upcoming gig. I need to use this MIDI-Keyboard with Mixcraft to play certain patches live, and for what we're doing, it would be best if I could set the note velocity to be full, regardless of the velocity sensed by the actual keyboard.

Basically, even if our keyboard player plays a key with a velocity value of 15, it would be captured as a velocity value of 127.

Is this possible? I've looked through the Mixcraft settings hoping that there would be a setting for this, but I came up short. It also seems like the only velocity you can change on the Launchkey Mini itself is that of the pads, and not the keys... So I don't really know what to do here.

And yes, of course our guy can just play the keys with the force required. It would just be more convenient if I could set the velocity to a set value for this one, very specific thing.

Thank you in advance!
cactus-head

Re: Global Note Velocity Sensitivity (Setting velocity to 127 regardless of MIDI input value)?

Post by cactus-head »

Hi,

There are a couple free plugins I know of for setting a velocity curve. One that does this very well is called VeloScaler:

https://www.codefn42.com/veloscaler/index.html

In the example below set the Min and Max to 127 on Band 1 for any velocity that comes in. On your instrument list in Mixcraft, VeloScaler should be the first in the chain to accept the MIDI input from the external keyboard and output the altered velocity to the next instrument

MC 10 VeloScaler.jpg
MC 10 VeloScaler.jpg (85.38 KiB) Viewed 102 times

veloscaler chain.jpg
veloscaler chain.jpg (36.27 KiB) Viewed 99 times