Short ugly noises when stepping through VSTi presets

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

MountainKing

Short ugly noises when stepping through VSTi presets

Post by MountainKing »

Hi!

You can find my setup in my signature.

So, when I step throught the instrument presets in MC4 (e.g. acoustica instruments ... but even with third party VSTi as well) I get always those short glitches everytime I alter the preset.

German Demo Version 4.2 Built 102 (I guess...)

MC4 seems not to work very stable when altering VSTi or doing some quick changes on the parameters in MC4 - sometimes it freezes and sometimes I even get such a longer noise. Then only re-starting the PC helps.

Any suggestions?

Is that a "normal" behavior? I hope it's NOT.

I read on the MC4 beta page that there have been some recent fixes in order to work better with samplitude. Since I DO have installed Samplitude 10.2 and Samplitude Music Studio 15..... could that be the reason?

Cheers Jens

Sorry, for my bad english.
Last edited by MountainKing on Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Core2Quad Q6600 | Asus P5B | 2GB | M-Audio Delta 192 | Samplitude 11 | Magix MS15 | Compact 4 | MindPrint DI-Port | Fame 1060 | AT4033SE | SM 57 | B5 | Swissonic CK490 | Squier 51 | Hohner ST-Ferari | Cort Parkwood PW-310M | Breedlove Atlas D25-SR | PODxt
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

See if the German version 4.2 build 104 is available.

Other than that, check to make sure you've got the latest audio drivers for your soundcard. If you are using WaveRT, try switching to ASIO or Wave and see if the glitches go away.

Greg
MountainKing

Post by MountainKing »

I checked it:

- I used the newest Build 104
- Newest RME drivers are installed as well.

I don't have such issues in any other application I run ( Samplitude 10.2, Music Studio 15, I tried Ableton 6 as well).

Do others have such issues as well?
Core2Quad Q6600 | Asus P5B | 2GB | M-Audio Delta 192 | Samplitude 11 | Magix MS15 | Compact 4 | MindPrint DI-Port | Fame 1060 | AT4033SE | SM 57 | B5 | Swissonic CK490 | Squier 51 | Hohner ST-Ferari | Cort Parkwood PW-310M | Breedlove Atlas D25-SR | PODxt
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

No one has reported this issue. Can you please tell us what steps you are taking to produce the problem so we can see if we can duplicate it?

Does it happen with Acoustica's virtual instruments?

Greg
MountainKing

Post by MountainKing »

Ok!

How I get those glitches:

- Starting MC4
- Using an Instrument track
- bring up the VSTi dialog
- choose "instruments" (left of the window)
- play a few tones ( notes with my midi keyboard with my left hand)
- and then stepping through the several VSTi (right window and using the right hand via mouse)

Everytime I choose a new VSTi I get the glitches.

That's it.

edit:
It appears with Acoustica's instruments as well. Fast stepping throught the presets while playing with the midi keyboard always brings up those glitches and noises.

Doing the same (similar) in Samplitude or Ableton is completely flawless - no noises and glitches there.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I'm not hearing anything like that here. If you like, you can try the new beta version of Mixcraft, but it's only in English.

Do you have keyboard controller keys depressed while you're changing the presets, or do you hear the glitches just changing the presets without playing any notes?

Greg
MountainKing

Post by MountainKing »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

Do you have keyboard controller keys depressed while you're changing the presets, or do you hear the glitches just changing the presets without playing any notes?

Greg
Hi Greg,

I guess it comes up when I have the keys depressed. I have to check that out more in detail but I think it is when I depresse the kyes and then alter the presets.

Same issue appears when uisng the Glass Viper Synth (from QuikQuak):

http://www.quikquak.com/Prod_GlassViper.html

When I use this synth and I'm stepping through the synth presets via the VSTi window of MC4 I get those glitches everytime I change a preset. Maybe someone coudl check the demo of glass viper (which is a very nice synth for the money BTW).
MountainKing

Post by MountainKing »

Still not fixed.

I haven't tried the newest update.

Any suggestions?