USB guitar lead

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

philjb

USB guitar lead

Post by philjb »

Purchased a guitar to USB lead with a view to connecting to Mixcraft. Can't get a peep out of it! Works fine with Audacity.

Any particular settings I should be using? PC tells me that the midi devices have changed.

Thanks
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Which MIDI interface did you purchase? It wouldn't happen to be a M-Audio UNO, would it?

Are you using Mixcraft 4.5 build 116?

Greg
philjb

USB Guitar lead

Post by philjb »

Hi Greg, thanks for the reply. Using Mixcraft 4, not sure what build it is. Bought a lead with a standard guitar jack on one end and USB on the other. Plug straight into PC. No sound through mixcraft but works with Audacity.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Download and install the latest version of Mixcraft. The version and build number is visible across the top of the program's screen.

In Mixcraft, click on the small arrow next to the Arm button on an audio track. What are you selecting for the recording source?

Greg
philjb

Post by philjb »

If I click the drop down arrow all I get is channel options. I read somewhere else that I should selecy source from there but it doesn't appear.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

That means you're clicking on an Instrument track, which is for MIDI. Are you trying to record MIDI or audio? If it's the latter, try it with an Audio track.

Greg
philjb

Post by philjb »

Brilliant!! Many thanks. Bit of a problem with the latency but at least it's working.

Bostin'
Thanks