Tempo Problems Please Help!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

JasonDaniels

Tempo Problems Please Help!

Post by JasonDaniels »

I will try to explain this as basic as possible.

What I'm doing is taking identical peices of audio, a guitar riff, and adding effects to one copy and leaving the other copy in it's original form, what I want to do is lay them on top of eachother and fade one in and fade the other out so it sounds like the effects are coming in gradually, okay?
I added the effects in FL studio and have checked plenty of times to see if it's altered the length or tempo of the clip and it has not, but when I drop them side by side in Mixcraft they are slightly different lengths, not by much but enough to mess it up. I think this may have to do with the tempo preset in Mixcraft, can I disable this? I am doing this over again because I accidently deleted the first copy but the first time it actually worked fine so I don't understand why it's doing this now. The tempo of my project in FL studio is 140.060 so I can't even adjust the tempo manually to what I need.

Help?
DrDoog

Post by DrDoog »

unless you used FL Studio to alter the tempo, which I would assume would not happen automatically, then that isn't the problem.

the file with FX is slightly longer, but was the sound actually slowed down? I'm guessing that the extra sound is caused by reverb, chorus, or other kinds of effects. The actual guitar riff should be the same length, which shouldn't cause any problem.