Can't get MIDI to work

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

rogerc

Can't get MIDI to work

Post by rogerc »

Music lovers,
Had MIDI working for a short time with MixCraft but I can't get it to work now.
I have a HP laptop and am trying to get my PSR S900 keyboard to talk with Mixcraft.
No luck.
I have unistalled the USB Yamaha midi drivers and reinstalled them but still can,t get the keyboard to record intoMixcraft or Mixcraft MidiI to play on my keyboard.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Roger
Roger
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

How does that keyboard interface with your computer? Does it have its own USB connection? If so, try a different USB port. Don't use a USB hub.

Is it working with any other software on that computer right now?

Greg
rogerc

Post by rogerc »

It interfaces with a USB port and I am not using a Hub.
I also always use the same USB port for my hook ups.
I have one program that works with the keyboard and one that does not.
I worked a lot today with it and got it to work most of the time. I am now able to record off my keyboard and send midi to my keyboard but not in the voices I want.

I was wondering can Mixcraft record the voice I chose from my keyboard right into Mixcraft? I am now able to record into Mixcraft but it just records in the piano voice not the voice I am choosing on my keyboard.

roger
Roger
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

That's not the way MIDI works. Your keyboard is sending MIDI information, which is basically just info on which notes to play, along with some supporting info. In Mixcraft, click on the keyboard icon to the left of the track and you can choose different virtual instruments, so it's not just piano.

Greg
DrDoog

Post by DrDoog »

you can, however, record your keyboard's voice if it has an RCA or TRS output, by using a sound cable to connect the keyboard to your soundcard.