This is what I want to do, will mixcraft work for me?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

thuille

This is what I want to do, will mixcraft work for me?

Post by thuille »

Back in the day a friend introduced me to the world of midi. He brought me over a midi internal soundcard, an early version of cakewalk, a midi keyboard, and lot's of enthusiasm. The computer I had still had a 3.5 floppy drive! There were 4 or 5 different screens but I mostly worked in track view. I would assign a general midi instrument to a track and build my songs. Polyphony was limited and my computer was slow but man I had fun. Well I started my own business and moved to a different house. The computer was upgraded, the time to play got limited and the keyboards never really got unpacked. A while back I decided to get back into it and dumped some money into a dedicated music computer, with a good soundcard and software. But I became overwhelmed by the complexity of the user interface and general overall lack of intuitiveness. Is mixcraft what I seem to be looking for? Any help and suggestions are much appreciated. It's been quite depressing looking at all this cool gear I have with the big dual 19" screens and everything all hooked up through my Nad equipment ... and not being able to make anything.

Thanks
Dave
Music XPC Computer / UA-25 soundcard / Roland midi controller keyboard / Sonar Power Studio 6 that I can't for the life of me make work the way I want.
Acoustica Dan
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Dan »

Mixcraft is ideal for what you're looking for. You'll have access to virtual instrument sounds that go far beyond what you're used to working with, and you can easily assemble your songs track-by-track without getting overwhelmed by multiple screens - in fact, almost everything is on the main screen.

It has a free trial with no limits for 14 days, so give it a try!

Dan
thuille

Post by thuille »

After surfing the web and reviewing this product, I just may give it a try. My computer is pretty much a virgin though and I don't want to fill her with a lot of crap I'm not very sure I want. A question about Beatcraft. I assume this is a stand alone drum sequencer / machine, but does it work within Mixcraft somehow also? If not, can you suggest some good drum samples I can use with Mixcraft? Can I use any wav file like say BeatBasics Proloops files?

Thx
Dave
Music XPC Computer / UA-25 soundcard / Roland midi controller keyboard / Sonar Power Studio 6 that I can't for the life of me make work the way I want.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Beatcraft works with Mixcraft in that you would build your drum track and then render it as a wav, ogg, wma or mp3, then import that file into Mixcraft and there is your drum track.
If you do not end up keeping the programs, just uninstall them, and your c
computer will not be getting filled with software you do not use.