My first rough Mixcraft/Beatcraft creation!

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

R0ckerb0y

My first rough Mixcraft/Beatcraft creation!

Post by R0ckerb0y »

How do I upload? Or do I need my own web space for it? (No problem if I do)
R0ckerb0y

Post by R0ckerb0y »

Got it!

http://kirianna.com/jack/Music/Jam7-23-2006-Remixed.mp3

Ok, disclaimer:

I haven't touched my Guitar in 2 months (Sad I know, but as a father of 7 things get busy!)

I've used Multitrack tape recorders, and I've been working with computers for a decade and a half, but I'm uncomfortable mixing the two. Mixcraft has actually removed a LOT of my issues with this. (Thanks so much guys!)

Anyway, this isn't really a song, I clicked out a beat in Beatcraft then went to my 110 degree upstairs and crunched out a tune to go along with it. I haven't figured out the overdub portion yet, so I had to do about 20 takes so I could get through it with no mistakes, then recorded a second guitar track mirroring the first (I'm sure that's probably old school at this point and not needed, but I like the fullness of the sound.)

After reading Eric's comments on killing the mids I have to admit I'm guilty to doing the same on my setup. I'll work on that next time. ;)

I had about 10 minutes after I recorded to do the final level adjustments, so it's not at ALL a polished product, more of a desperate attempt to get past my fears and record SOMETHING! (The Wife was already telling me "The drums are too "Tinie".. meaning the Flanger effect was not to her liking.)

This has really sparked my musical "Bug" though and I'm going to get back into writing (Practicing!) and recording!

Thanks again Acoustica for giving me a fantastic set of tools for expression, and thanks Eric for sharing your expertise!
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Glad to help, thanks for thanking us for thanking...??? Anyway, you get the idea :-)
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Not bad for a quick recording. I don't know if I like the flange on the whole mix but that's your choice.
All in all, a cool sounding tune!
R0ckerb0y

Re: re

Post by R0ckerb0y »

Acoustica Eric wrote:Not bad for a quick recording. I don't know if I like the flange on the whole mix but that's your choice.
All in all, a cool sounding tune!

Yeah, that'd be one of many rookie moves I did in that recording. I meant to test some flange effects on the drums for the high hats, but somehow it flooded all over. ;) I'll figure it out next time lol
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Use the flange within Beatcraft on the hi hat only, then you'll have what you want.
I am glad to see people experimenting though, your recordings will get better and better.
The guitar sound in this one was pretty good too.