Reorganising the effects list

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

botface

Reorganising the effects list

Post by botface »

Sorry if this has been raised before buit I couldn't find anything using the search.

I want to reorganise the effects list - the list that comes up when you click on "Select An Effect". Some I want to simply get rid off as they're from other programs and aren't useable or even relevant in Mixcraft (EG a vinyl click remover). Others I'd like to group differently - like having mastering effects in a group on their own. I can't find a way of doing this. Can anyone help?

Thanks
EL34

Post by EL34 »

Many effects are a separate file that you can just delet out of your VST folder.

If this is a Acoustica effect, it will probably get re-intstalled the next time you upgrade.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

No there is no way to organize the vst menu like that, it simply reads them alphabetically.
Vibrant Audio

Post by Vibrant Audio »

Botface,

You may want to try Eric's Audio Plugin Manager. It might be helpful in managing your effects. Even if it doesn't allow reordering the effects at least it allows for some amount of management.
*Vibrant Audio*
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Thanks for the plug VA :-) I was going to say that but thought i would be pulling my own chain.
So now that you have let cat out of the bag, yes everyone feel free to check out my Audio Plugin Manager which allows you to turn on and off any vst that you want as long as you enter the path (c:\vst for example) into the program. The directories you can add are unlimited.
botface

Post by botface »

Thanks guys. Looks like the plugin manager might help. I'd much prefer being able to arrange my effects how I want them within the app. Maybe I'll raise it as a suggestion for future releases.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

You can also use a text editor (like notepad) to edit the VSTignore.ini and DXignore.ini files in Mixcraft's folder to have Mixcraft ignore any plugins you don't want loaded. Just put all or part of the plugin's name in the file and Mixcraft will skip it. So, for example, if you put the following in the VSTignore.ini file:

BadFX
SL

Mixcraft would ignore any VST effects that started with "BadFX" or "SL."

VSTignore.ini is for VST plugins and DXignore.ini is for DirectX plugins.
botface

Post by botface »

Greg,
Thanks very much. I'll definitely use this tip for getting rid of the ones I don't want to see in Mixcraft at all
EL34

Post by EL34 »

Cool tip Greg