What is "Midi" that I can control Pianissimo with?

Support and feedback for Pianissimo virtual grand piano software

Moderators: Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

doxigo

What is "Midi" that I can control Pianissimo with?

Post by doxigo »

Actually I think that it's a very simple question, but I really dont know what MIDI is, I googled it and I just found it's page (Musical Instrument Digital Interface) in Wikipedia, In other hand I want to know if there is a way to play it with PC-keyboard or not ? I mean in help menu I found out that I can control Pianissimo with Midi too, for now only I can manage to play pianissimo with mouse.

thanks
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Pianissimo doesn't have an option to play it from the computer keyboard. You should consider getting a MIDI controller keyboard. Here's just one example of a keyboard that work work well with Pianissimo.

Think of MIDI as a way for computer hardware to send music data from one device to another. It's not like an audio recording, it's more like sheet music, storing information like which note to play, for how long and how loud.

You could use Pianissimo as a plugin in another program that does offer an option to play MIDI notes from the computer keyboard. Our Mixcraft software doesn't have that option yet, but you could load a plugin that adds that feature.

Greg
doxigo

Post by doxigo »

Thanks for your answer Greg, but can you tell me what plugin I could use for mixcraft ?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »