Cannot convert

Support and feedback for Acoustica Audio Converter Pro and MP3 to Wave Converter PLUS.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

vazans

Post by vazans »

Greg,

When I am using the shortcut that you sent me there is no need for me to open Audio Converter Pro's window so I don't open it. I only use the shortcut.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Make sure it's not open in the background, because that would cause the exact problem that you are having right now.

Greg
vazans

Post by vazans »

How do I check to see if its running in the background?

I didn't even know that it did that.
vazans

Post by vazans »

I just looked at the Applications tab in Task Manager and Audio Pro was not listed.

Also went to msconfig to see if Audio Pro was being started at startup. Again it was not listed.

These are the only two ways I can think of to check if its running in the background.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

That's the way you'd check. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? If not, try that.

Are you logged in as an administrator in Windows?

As an experiment, you can try temporarily turning off user account control.

Greg
allanwol

Post by allanwol »

Hi Vazans I had the same problem- this is what I did that seems to have fixed it:
The right-click menu doesn't work with 64-bit versions of Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7. We do not have any updates that fix this problem. Here's a work around:

1. Right-cick on the Windows desktop, select New and then Shortcut

2. In "Type the location of this item," copy and paste the following without quotes: "%Systemroot%\SysWOW64\explorer.exe /separate"

3. Click Next and in "Type a name for this shortcut:" call it "Windows 32 bit Explorer"

4. Click Finish

5. Now do a search and find where the folder is that is called "Windows 32 bit Explorer"
6. When you find it, right click on it and send a short cut of it to your desk top.
7. Make sure that you are logged in as Administrator
8. Make sure that you have turned off User Account Control
9. Click on the desk top icon that is the shortcut to Windows 32 bit Explorer
10. On the left margin do a search for the folder that contains your MP3 file that you want to convert - it may NOT be in the Admin file but under Users and your name.
11. Right click the folder and go to Properties and make sure that the Folder is NOT "Read Only" under Attributes - i.e. un-click the box if it is checked - all the boxes should be unchecked.
12. Now when you right click on the MP3 file that you want to convert it should work.

I have Vista 64 latest everything and it works for me.
Good luck dude.
vazans

Post by vazans »

Thank you for trying to help me. Nothing that Greg has suggested has solved the problem.

My question to you concerns step 5, the Windows 32 bit Explorer folder. Is this a folder that you have created? I have NOT created such a file and windows search does not find it.
allanwol

Post by allanwol »

following step 1 through step 5 creates that folder - then you have to find it and put it on the Desktop.