Can't open CD Burner

Post your support questions and/or give feedback for Acoustica MP3 CD Burner in this forum.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

paulzak

Can't open CD Burner

Post by paulzak »

Running Vista 64-bit

I can't get the app to even open. Nothing happends then several minutes later I get VISTA message saying the app had to be closed and a second message about Data Execution Prevention closing app. I've had it working fine since installing it months ago. Still, I added it to the DEP exclusion list and still won't open/appear. I restored my hard drive to prior version and even uninstalled and reinstalled the app. (latest version downloaded from site) but I still can't get it to open. In TASK MANAGER, CDburner.exe does appear in the PROCESS tab but not in the APPLICATIONS tab!

I only recall changing the Autoplay settings for my CD drive earlier today. And when I last closed the app. I may have put the laptop into sleep mode too quickly, before app fullly closed? I don't know. But I absolutely can't get it to open on the laptop now.

Was there some update to Vista or Norton pushed out this afternoon that caused the problem??? Please, someone, help!!!
paulzak

Post by paulzak »

I think I figured it out. I had to delete what might have been a corrupt Acoustica db file. (acoustica.adb). Now, the program at least opens and I'm re-scanning my library. Hopefully it will be back to normal...
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yup, once in a while the library file can become corrupt, and deleting the acoustica.adb file will fix it. That file is located here in recent versions of MP3 CD Burner:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Acoustica MP3 CD Burner\

Greg