Vocal VST

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Samoyedhead

Vocal VST

Post by Samoyedhead »

I have downloaded a vocal harmony plugin {Antares Harmonyefx) where do or how do I acsess it on mixcraft????? And can I use it on an existing vocal track?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I downloaded the demo and tried it. Fun!

Basically, Mixcraft just needs to be scanning the folder where you installed the VST. In my case, the VST was automatically installed to my default VST folder, which is C:\Program Files\VST\.

Click on the File menu in Mixcraft, select Preferences, and in the Effects preferences, click on "Edit VST Effects Folder." Add the folder with the plugin (warning: only add actual VST folders to this list. Adding just any old program folder can keep Mixcraft from loading properly), then click "Re-Scan all VST Effects."

If you're not sure where you installed it, the plugin's DLL file is called "Harmony EFX.dll," so look for that.

Add a vocal to a track, and then click on the FX button to the left of the track. "Harmony EFX" should be listed among the VST effects.

Greg
Samoyedhead

VST

Post by Samoyedhead »

Thanks I found it on the list. Not sure I like it yet, maybe I'm just not good enough with it yet but all the hamonies sound very machine like vs. a natural sound. I saw on your web site you mention Melodine I might do some research on that for a more natural sound. Thanks again Jimmy
mac

Antares Demo VST's

Post by mac »

I downloaded a few of the Antares demo vst's....Mixcraft is finding them (in the drop down) but when I select any of them, the system Vista Ultimate hangs and does not respond... anyone get this to work?