Help with Normalization

Post your support questions and/or give feedback for Acoustica MP3 CD Burner in this forum.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

ptfitzy

Help with Normalization

Post by ptfitzy »

OK prople out there. I could sure use your help. Even though I use the "Automatic Loudness Volume" in "Preferences", the MP3 songs I "Burn", many are louder than other songs on the CD. I have my MP3 CD Wizard on "Specify".

I tried "MP3 Gain". However, when I add my folder or files, it says it is a "Read only file".
Also, in that program it says to download the "AACGain". When you click on that, there are several files under "AACGain" and I don't know what to download there.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated,
Thanks, Ptfitzy
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

We don't make or distribute MP3GAIN, I have used it before though. It changes your mp3 files, that is why it is compalining they are read only. You must uncheck "read only" from the files properties.

I strongly advise against using that program, it has corrupted many of my mp3's years ago when I was a noob :-)

When you use automatic loudness in mp3 cd burner, it attempts to level the songs out as best it can, it cannot however take a -20db file and match it with a +20db file, there is too big a difference between the two.

You could import the files into Mixcraft, adjust their volumes to be the same, then export each one separately as a new mp3.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

I suppose you could apply boost in MP3 CD Burner to the quiet songs and make sure you leave it off of the loud songs, as well.