New mix.......comments?

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Bloodsoaked

New mix.......comments?

Post by Bloodsoaked »

Ok, here is a song that I have a good amount of work done on.

2 Guitar tracks panned left
2 Guitar tracks panned right
1 bass track panned in the center
1 beatcraft drum project

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?fid=4834

Please, no comments on the drums not sounding human. I am just looking for comments on the mix. I rendered all the tracks to a wav file, I then imported that wav file into mixcraft, added EQ and compression, save, exited and then re-opened the mixcraft project, then rendered that to wav and then converted the wav to mp3 (the above link)

I would love any and all coments regarding the mix, good and bad. Any sugestions as well for a better mix.

Thank you for your time.

Peter
bvalentine

Post by bvalentine »

If you want us to ignore the drums... then I'd say good balanced mix.
Bloodsoaked

Post by Bloodsoaked »

It is not that I want you to ignore the drums, just ignore that fact they do not have that ôhumanö feel to them. Do they seem to sit well in the mix? Just looking for overall comments. Thank you.
R0ckerb0y

Post by R0ckerb0y »

The guitars (And tune) are pretty nice. The crunching, driving rhythm would fit well in a game scene where you're killing a buncha zombies.

The drums... well it's not that they don't sound human, although you must already have known that.

It's that with the mix set the way it is your kick drums sound more like static than percussion instruments. I would try a little more reverb and considerably less compression. (At least that's what my relatively untrained ear seems to be hearing.)

In gereral I'd think about bringing the guitars up front a little more.
Bloodsoaked

Post by Bloodsoaked »

Thanks for taking the time to listen and coment. This song is a big work in progress for me so once I have vocals and have it tweeked more I iwll post another clip.

Peter
EL34

Post by EL34 »

The percusion sounds way off!

Not just the drums, the whole tune.

Nothing about it sounds real.

Sounds like woodpeckers destroying my garage!

It's very unpleasant!

Just curious, what is this type of music called?
Bloodsoaked

Post by Bloodsoaked »

Hey EL34, LOL...if you have never listed to "Death Metal" I am sure you will not like it.

Here is a clip of it with about 50% of vocals done, this should give you a better idea of the style of musis it is:

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?fid=4966

Let me know what you think of the vocals.

Peter
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

EL34, you come up with some of the funniest things!
Woodpeckers destroying your garage is hillarious!

Bloodsoaked, the guitars and bass sound great, nice tones. I am not a huge fan of death metal but i can appreciate how much effort you have put into the drum track and recording the instruments.

Oh and EL34, this is exactly what Death Metal sounds like. Some of those drummers play so fast that they sound like machines themselves.
EL34

Post by EL34 »

:D